Boneless chicken thigh recipes are a family-friendly, cost-effective, and easy dinner kids love. These chicken thighs made on the stovetop have a hint of sweetness from maple syrup and a bright citrus flavor from fresh orange. Gluten free.
This baked chicken recipe is extremely simple to make. Perfect for busy parents and tastes delicious as leftovers as well (if there happen to be any!).
While there may be several boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes out there to choose from, this one is different because it’s delicious, easy and pan-seared over medium heat to achieve that golden brown color everyone loves.
What are boneless skinless chicken thighs?
If you prefer dark meat, you will want chicken thighs to be your chicken meat of choice. Chicken thighs also tend to be more tender and juicier than other cuts of meat, and often cost less at the store as well.
Chicken thighs are the top portion of the chicken leg and are low carb and full of flavor. Cooking with chicken thighs is always a great idea because there are so many options to choose from!
Are all chicken thighs boneless?
All chicken thighs start by having the bone, but during the process, the bones can be removed to sell as “boneless” in the store. Some people prefer using boneless skinless chicken thighs more than the bone-in option because they’re easy to work with and cook up perfectly.
Any recipe I’ve used them in, they cook wonderfully and taste delicious. They are a kid favorite as well. For an alternative flavor, you can swap olive oil for coconut oil in one pan creating an epic stovetop chicken dish.
Chicken on the stove top recipes is perfect for kids, families, and anyone who is looking for a delicious recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time.
Always cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. For further help, you can watch a video I did on how to calibrate your thermometer if you haven’t checked your thermometer for accuracy before.
How To Make
- Over medium heat, add orange juice, maple syrup, and butter to a large oven-safe pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in orange zest and thyme.
- Add chicken thighs.
- Cook for 5 minutes then flip the chicken over to brown the other side.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Optional: Broil for 3-5 minutes for golden brown chicken
To get started, use a large stockpot or skillet. Over medium heat, add orange juice, maple syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Then stir in orange zest and thyme.
Kitchen Tip: Not a fan of orange zest or thyme? Skip it or use your favorite herb instead.
Next, add your chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes then flip the chicken over to brown the other side. Season this side with salt and pepper too.
HOW TO DEFROST CHICKEN QUICKLY
If you’re wanting to make this best chicken thigh recipes but you find that your boneless chicken thighs are frozen, there are ways that you can get them unthawed quickly!
- Grab your frozen chicken thighs and put them in a tightly sealed plastic bag
- Make certain your sink is empty and fill it with cold water
- Take your plastic bag with chicken thighs and immerse into the sink full of water
- Set a timer and change out the water every half over to keep it nice and cold
- For every pound of chicken, it will take a little over an hour to thaw completely and be ready to cook
How long do you cook boneless skinless chicken thighs on the stove?
When cooking chicken, it’s important to make certain that its cooked all the way through. As a matter of fact, having a meat thermometer when cooking chicken thighs is a must-have item in my house. That way, you never take a chance of not having it cooked properly, eliminating the guessing game and the worry!
For this boneless thighs recipe, the cooking time is going to be at least 20 minutes. Depending on the temp of your skillet, this time could be longer or shorter. This is why a meat thermometer is so handy!
These chicken thighs take about 15-20 minutes of cooking time on the stove top.
Of course! In fact, this boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe tastes delicious the next day as well! While many people reheat items in the microwave, I’m not a big fan of that method. It doesn’t evenly reheat and can cause the chicken (and just about everything) to dry out. Instead, reheat your pan-fry chicken thighs in the oven!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the boneless skinless thighs on a baking sheet so that they are spread out and not touching.
3. Use a bit of coconut oil or olive oil and brush the tops of the chicken lightly.
4. Set your timer and bake for around 20 minutes or so, or until they feel warm all the way through.
Sides Dish Ideas
While these skillet boneless chicken thighs are delicious on their own, it’s always good to round out the meal with a few other options as well.
- Instant pot Red Potatoes
- Easy Broccoli Salad
- Sauteed Butternut Squash
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Instant Pot Broccoli
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Greek Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs
Love this recipe? Leave me a comment and a star rating below! I would love that! Don’t forget to follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I always love seeing my recipes feeding other families!
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds Boneless skinless chicken thighs check for gluten free
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1⁄4 tsp. ground
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil orange juice with maple syrup and butter. Over medium heat, add orange juice, maple syrup, and butter to a large oven-safe pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in orange zest and thyme.1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon Orange zest, 1 tablespoon butter, 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1⁄4 tsp. ground
- Cook the chicken thighs. Add chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes then flip the chicken over to brown the other side. Cook for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.2 pounds Boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon Salt, 4 teaspoon Pepper
- Broil to crisp the chicken. Broil for 3-5 minutes for golden brown chicken (optional).
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!