Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs that are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The yummy ranch flavor paired with the crunchy chicken will have your family grabbing an extra piece or two!
There are always new kitchen appliances on the market that I am often skeptical of the different products. You start to wonder which ones are worth the purchase. If you have been following the blog then you know that my crockpot and my Instant pot are my two favorite appliances.
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES
The possibilities are almost endless when it comes to making crockpot meals or instant pot meals for my family. I honestly never thought I would need another kitchen tool until…my son requested fried chicken for dinner… If you have ever attempted to make homemade fried chicken then you know how overwhelming and messy the experience can be. I decided to invest in an air fryer and I am SO happy that I did. It makes the perfect Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs.
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken dry
- Season both sides with dry ranch dressing
- Place onto air fryer rack
- Spray top of chicken thighs with non-stick cooking spray
- Cook 10 minutes, flip, then cook 10 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
HOW TO USE YOUR NINJA FOODI AIR FRYER OVEN
- Press the POWER button to turn on your appliance
- Turn the START/PAUSE dial to select your desired cooking function
- Press the TIME/SLICE button to select your cooking time
- Press the TEMP/DARKNESS button to select temperature – use the dial to adjust to a different darkness level
- Press the START/PAUSE dial to start the cooking process – if you need to add more time, turn the dial. If you need to pause the air fryer, press the dial.
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees. Then, use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry.
CAN I USE CHICKEN BREAST INSTEAD FOR RANCH CHICKEN THIGHS?
You sure can! I tend to cook with chicken thighs because they are more tender, cost-effective and super kid-friendly. However, if you have chicken breast in the fridge or freezer then feel free to ingredient swap.
CAN I USE SKINLESS, BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS FOR RANCH CHICKEN THIGHS?
Absolutely! I go back and forth between bone-in skin-on and boneless skinless chicken thighs. If you are looking for more of a good old-fashioned piece of fried chicken, I highly recommend buying bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. Skinless, boneless chicken thighs will not be crispy.
Season both sides of the chicken thighs with a dry ranch dressing.
I personally love a homemade ranch dressing for this recipe. By the time you are done making your fried chicken, you will not even need a dipping sauce. The flavor is just that good!
Have a kid that loves cooking? Let him/her make the ranch seasoning while you prep the chicken. My daughter usually claims the job of mixing together the dry ranch dressing at my house.
PRO TIP: Looking to make a cheesy ranch chicken? Add nutritional yeast to your dry ranch dressing mixture!
Place the chicken thighs onto the air fryer rack.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CHICKEN IN AN AIR FRYER
- PREHEAT YOUR AIR FRYER: This allows for even cooking and ensures crispy chicken. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting then let it run for 5 minutes before adding your chicken.
- DRY THE CHICKEN: Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. By removing the extra moisture prior to air frying, you will end up with a crispier piece of chicken. Make sure to do this step before you add your seasoning!
- FLIP HALFWAY: Flip halfway through cooking. This allows both sides of the chicken to become crispy.
- SEASON WITH SALT: Make sure to choose a dry ranch dressing with salt as an ingredient. The salt helps to pull out any extra moisture from the chicken that is then evaporated with the air fryer technology.
- LAY CHICKEN IN A SINGLE LAYER: Make sure you do not overcrowd your air fryer basket by stacking the chicken thighs. This will cause uneven cooking and crispiness.
An air fryer is built to cook at high temperatures by circulating hot air around the food with a fan. This allows you to end up with food that is fried on the outside and juicy on the inside. No more dodging hot oil popping from your stovetop as you fry your favorite foods. My favorite part is the clean up because there is no need to dispose of a large pot of oil!
PRO TIP: The crumb tray and wire rack tray are hand wash only. The sheet pan and air fryer basket are dishwasher safe
The internal temperature will reach 165 degrees and that is when you know your chicken is done cooking. I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer. It will come in handy – trust me!
If using the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oven, or similar air fryer, cook for 10 minutes, flip, then cook 10 more minutes.
Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs are great for weeknight dinners, potlucks or parties. This recipe can feed your family or be doubled/tripled to feed a crowd. Serve your ranch chicken thighs with Hasselback Potatoes with Cheese, Red Potatoes or Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes for a complete meal.
If you enjoyed this chicken thigh recipe, make sure to add chicken thigh recipes to your weekly menu!
CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Greek Chicken Thighs
More Air Fryer Recipes:
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs
- cutting board or pan
- 6 Bone-In, Skin on Chicken Thighs ✅
- 1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix ✅
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Dry the chicken. Using paper towel, pat the chicken dry6 Bone-In, Skin on Chicken Thighs
- Season the chicken. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with dry ranch dressing1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- Prepare to cook. Place seasoned chicken thighs onto the air fryer rack.
- ⭐️Air Fry. Cook for 12 minutes, flip, then cook for 10-12 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
The ranch was awesome, going to try Italian dressing next.
I’m not seeing what temperature I’m supposed to airfry at
Jodi Danen, RDN says
Hi Brittany! Set the air fryer to 400 degrees. I hope you enjoy!
Gloria Kanick says
I am going to try the first time. My Airfryer only goes to 390, It was one of the first ones out.
Easy and delicious! Thighs were juicy with a crispy skin. Even my picky husband loved them!!!
Can u use the bottled ranch dressing for
Jodi Danen, RDN says
Hi Arlean! In this particular recipe, the dry spice pack would work best, not the bottled ranch dressing.
Beck and Bulow says
I use this recipe many times. It is so simple, fast and easy to prepare. It also tastes delicious !!!! Thank you for the recipe.
Can you use breast instead of thighs
Jodi Danen, RDN says
Hi Joe! Yes, you could use chicken breasts instead. I’d cut back on the cooking time to maybe 12-15 minutes. Check the internal temp to make sure it’s fully cooked (165°F).
Dance foodie says
does it have to be a ninja foodie air fryer?
Jodi Danen, RDN says
No, it does not. That’s just the model I used for the recipe. Good luck!