This easy chicken recipe for kids is a simple dinner recipe perfect for busy nights. Chicken thighs are seasoned and baked into a delicious & easy dinner recipe for kids.
Chicken thigh recipes for kids are go-to meals at my home.
When I’m short on time, I toss them in the crockpot for another family favorite meal.
Kitchen Tip: For more flavor, but to cut fat and calories, bake the chicken thighs with skin on, then take it off after cooking. If you want to cut back on calories and fat, simply remove the skin before cooking.
How to bake bone-in chicken thighs
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer in a baking dish
- Season with spices
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches at least 165 degrees, with the thermometer not touching the bone
How to Defrost Chicken Thighs
- Place the frozen chicken thighs in a leak-proof plastic bag, sealing tightly
- Fill your clean sink with cold water
- Place the sealed bag of frozen chicken into the cold water
- Changing the water every half hour, keeping the water cold
- For 1 lb of meat, it should take about an hour to thaw the chicken thighs.
Kitchen Tip: For more ways to safely thaw meat check out this article by the USDA.
Serve these chicken thighs for kids with a side of brown rice and Green Bean Satay and you have well-balanced dinner meal your whole family will enjoy.
Some of my favorite tools needed for this recipe:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a star rating or comment below! Then join me on social media @CreateKidsClub!Print
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs are an easy and delicious weeknight meal that your family is sure to enjoy. The perfect 30-minute dinner!
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper toweling
- Place chicken thighs onto a baking pan or in an oven-safe skillet
- Sprinkle seasonings onto chicken thighs
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered or until your thermometer reads 165 degrees
- For crisper skin, broil for 1-2 minutes, watching to not burn spices
- Calories: 120
* This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase using these links, it does not cost you any more, but I would receive a small commission. Thanks for helping to support Create Kids Club.
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.