This simple dinner recipe is a super tasty chicken recipe for kids and adults alike. Chicken thighs are seasoned and baked into a delicious & easy dinner recipe for kids.
Chicken thigh recipes for kids are go-to meals at my home.
When I’m short on time, I toss them in the crockpot for another family favorite meal. You can find my crockpot chicken thighs recipe here.
Kitchen Tip: For more flavor, but to cut fat and calories, bake the chicken thighs with skin on, then take it off after cooking. If you want to cut back on calories and fat, simply remove the skin before cooking.
How to bake bone-in chicken thighs
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer in a baking dish
- Season with spices
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches at least 165 degrees, with the thermometer not touching the bone
How to Defrost Chicken Thighs
- Place the frozen chicken thighs in a leak-proof plastic bag, sealing tightly
- Fill your clean sink with cold water
- Place the sealed bag of frozen chicken into the cold water
- Changing the water every half hour, keeping the water cold
- For 1 lb of meat, it should take about an hour to thaw the chicken thighs.
Kitchen Tip: For more ways to safely thaw meat check out this article by the USDA.
Serve these chicken thighs for kids with a side of brown rice and Green Bean Satay and you have well-balanced dinner meal your whole family will enjoy.
Click here for more Chicken Thigh Recipes.
Some of my favorite tools needed for this recipe:
- Click here for the best inexpensive thermometer
- Click here for the best all-around thermometer
- Click here for a set of 3 baking pans
- Click here for a bakeware set
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a star rating or comment below! Then join me on social media @CreateKidsClub!Print
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs are an easy and delicious weeknight meal that your family is sure to enjoy. The perfect 30-minute dinner!
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper toweling.
- Place on baking pan.
- Sprinkle seasonings onto chicken thighs. No need to measure, you can simply liberally sprinkle seasoning onto chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- For crisper skin, broil for 1-2 minutes, watching to not burn spices.
- Thermometer should read 165 degrees when cooked.
- Calories: 120
* This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase using these links, it does not cost you any more, but I would receive a small commission. Thanks for helping to support Create Kids Club.
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.