An Instant Pot Broccoli recipe made without a steamer basket in only the time it takes to come to pressure. A simple kid-friendly side dish for any meal!
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
It is time for you to say good-bye to your mushy steamed broccoli recipes because this recipe will leave you amazed at the end result! It results in perfectly steamed broccoli every time.
Plus, you and your family can season your steamed broccoli with any topping. It is the ultimate side dish for any night of the week. You could even set up a “broccoli topping bar” by adding ingredients into small bowls and letting the whole family choose their favorites.
Watch the video to see how to quickly make this healthy side dish!
How To Use Your Instant Pot:
You don’t need to be intimidated by your instant pot. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll find out how easy it really is to use!
- First, place the bowl into the base of the Instant Pot. After that, add the ingredients (it is important that there is at least a cup of liquid as an ingredient).
- Next, check the lid of your Instant Pot to make sure the sealing ring is in place.
- Then, secure the lid onto the base.
- Turn the valve on the lid to “SEALING”.
- The next step will differ for each model so check your manual! For my Instant Pot, I press “PRESSURE” but other models require you to press “MANUAL”.
- Press the PLUS or MINUS signs to set the cooking time.
- The Instant Pot should say “ON“. When the machine first turns on, it is building pressure. The time that it takes for this pressure to build does NOT count toward the cooking time. On my machine, I know the pressure is built when the silver pin on top is raised.
- Once the pressure is built, the cooking time will start counting down.
- After the cooking time is complete, release the pressure. To release the pressure, you can wait for the natural pressure release (NPR) OR release the pressure manually by turning the valve to “VENTING“.
- Lastly, take off the lid once it is unlocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add the wire rack to the bottom of the instant pot –> Add water –> Add vegetables –> Cover & turn to “VENTING” –> Set to low pressure for ZERO minutes –> Quick release
NPR is when you let the Instant Pot release the pressure naturally. The pressure will release slowly & the lid will unlock when the float valve drops completely. With QR, you manually turn the valve from “SEALING” to “VENTING”, which will let the pressure go quickly. Be cautious with QR because the steam will shoot out of the top quickly!
Add the wire rack (this came with the instant pot) to the bottom of the instant pot. Next, add water and the broccoli. Cover and turn to venting. Set to low pressure for ZERO minutes. Do a quick release and serve!
It is not necessary to use a steamer basket in your instant pot. You can steam your vegetables by simply placing them on the rack. Some find it easier to add the veggies to a steamer basket because they can just grab the basket and dump the vegetables in a bowl.
PRO TIP: It is extremely important that you use the rack when steaming vegetables even when using a steamer basket to prevent your vegetables from becoming soggy.
Add your steamed broccoli to a large serving bowl and season with additional toppings if desired.
ZERO-MINUTE BROCCOLI SEASONINGS
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan and Bread Crumb Topping
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes
- French Dip Sandwiches (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Pulled Pork Roast Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings
If you enjoyed this post or made any of the recipes, make sure to leave a comment below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub. I love seeing what you come up with!
Instant Pot Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- Add the wire rack (came with instant pot) to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add water
- Add broccoli
- Cover and turn to venting.
- Set to low pressure for ZERO mintues.
- Quick release and serve.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!