Learn to make instant pot steamed broccoli without steamer basket in only the time it takes to come to pressure. A simple kid-friendly side dish for any meal!
Looking to steam broccoli perfectly every time? Use your instant pot to steam veggies while you get the rest of the meal prepared.
Once steamed, you can season the broccoli with any spices or toppings your family enjoys. It is the ultimate side dish for any night of the week. You could even set up a “broccoli topping bar” by adding ingredients into small bowls and letting the whole family choose their favorites.
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
Watch the video to see how to quickly make this healthy side dish!
How To Steam Broccoli & Other Vegetables Using Your Instant Pot
You don’t need to be intimidated by your instant pot. Follow these simple instructions for cooking vegetables under high pressure and you’ll find out how easy it really is to use! You can use fresh vegetables or frozen vegetables.
- First, place the stainless bowl into the base of the Instant Pot. After that, add the ingredients (it is important that there is at least a cup of liquid as an ingredient).
- Add the wire rack (which came with the instant pot) to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water
- Add broccoli or vegetables of choice such as cauliflower, carrots, mixed vegetables. You can use frozen vegetables as well – without needing to add any extra time!
- Cover and turn to venting.
- Set to low pressure for ZERO minutes.
- The Instant Pot should say “ON“. When the machine first turns on, it is building pressure. The time that it takes for this pressure to build does NOT count toward the cooking time. On my machine, I know the pressure is built when the silver pin on top is raised.
- After the cooking time is complete, release the pressure. To release the pressure turn the valve to “VENTING“.
- Lastly, take off the lid once it is unlocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Add the wire rack to the bottom of the instant pot –> Add water –> Add vegetables –> Cover & turn to “VENTING” –> Set to low pressure for ZERO minutes –> Quick release
Add the wire rack (this came with the instant pot) to the bottom of the instant pot. Next, add water and the broccoli. Cover and turn to venting. Set to low pressure for ZERO minutes. Do a quick release and serve!
NPR is when you let the Instant Pot release the pressure naturally. The pressure will release slowly & the lid will unlock when the float valve drops completely. With QR, you manually turn the valve from “SEALING” to “VENTING”, which will let the pressure go quickly. Be cautious with QR because the steam will shoot out of the top quickly!
It is not necessary to use a steamer basket in your instant pot. You can steam your vegetables by simply placing them on the rack. Some find it easier to add the veggies to a steamer basket because they can just grab the basket and dump the vegetables in a bowl.
PRO TIP: It is extremely important that you use the rack when steaming vegetables even when using a steamer basket to prevent your vegetables from becoming soggy.
Add your steamed broccoli to a large serving bowl and season with additional toppings if desired.
ZERO-MINUTE BROCCOLI SEASONINGS
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan and Bread Crumb Topping
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes
- French Dip Sandwiches (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Pulled Pork Roast Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings
If you enjoyed this post or made any of the recipes, make sure to leave a comment below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub. I love seeing what you come up with!
Steamed Broccoli Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- Add the wire rack (came with instant pot) to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add water
- Add broccoli
- Cover and turn to venting.
- Set to low pressure for ZERO mintues.
- Quick release and serve.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!