Crockpot sweet potatoes are a simple and delicious dinner side that doesn’t get any easier. Simply wash the potatoes and let them bake all day.
Learning how to make slow cooker sweet potatoes is such as game changer. These potatoes can then be enjoyed as is, seasoned or incorporated into a recipe. Serving inspiration is shared below!
For more crock pot potatoes, try Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes, Easy Crockpot Potato Soup and Crock Pot Red Potatoes.
Sweet Potatoes in Crock Pot
If you are on the search for a simplified way of cooking sweet potatoes that requires minimal effort, no peeling or chopping of the vegetable and only one ingredient, this sweet potato recipe is for you!
As much as we love Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes and Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips, our trusted slow cooker is the best option when in a lazy mood.
After washing, all you do is toss the sweet potatoes into the crockpot and let cook. Even your kids can take charge and make this recipe all on their own.
It is a great way to boost their confidence in the kitchen while taking a task off your plate. For more kid friendly recipes just like this one, check out Homemade Microwave Popcorn, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls and Fruit Dip with Cool Whip.
To get started, gather the equipment and ingredients then follow the written instructions or printable recipe card. Enjoy!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
Gluten-Free Guide: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten.
How To Make
Rinse the sweet potatoes under water scrubbing away any dirt. Pat dry with paper toweling.
Place the potatoes into the crockpot. You can stack them 2 deep if you want to cook them in bulk.
Cook the potatoes on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Serve topped with butter and brown sugar or your favorite toppings.
What Goes with Sweet Potatoes
There are many ways to use cooked potatoes. From sweet to savory, you can create delicious sides and main entrees to serve any night of the week.
For a side dish, you can serve the potatoes whole or mashed topped with butter, cinnamon, toasted pecans, brown sugar, garlic or sea salt.
Turn into Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie or Easy Sweet Potato Casserole for sweet sides or our delicious Sweet Potato Muffins to feature at breakfast. These muffins also make a great freezer meal that your family can quickly grab and reheat in the mornings.
You can make meals with sweet potatoes by serving with taco meat and toppings, pulled pork, or shredded chicken.
Cooked sweet potatoes also make the ultimate dessert when topped with melted marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs. This is such as fun way to make indoor smores!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Let potatoes cool completely for food safety then store in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can store with or without the peel. You can also freeze peeled sweet potatoes in a Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.
Peeling the potatoes is not required. Simply cook with the peel on. Sweet potato peels are also safe to eat! It is recommended that if looking to remove the peel, do so while the potatoes are warm to make it easier.
Kids In The Kitchen
Cooking tips and suggestions for kids making this recipe.
- Sweet potatoes are known as a root vegetable, which means they are grown underground. This is why it is important to wash potatoes before cooking to remove any dirt.
- You can add as many sweet potatoes as possible to the crockpot (make sure the lid can close) without adjusting the total cooking time. Stack the potatoes if needed.
- Think of a creative topping for sweet potatoes and make the recommendation to your family. Here are a few ideas – brown sugar, butter, Everything bagel seasoning, cinnamon and sugar, and garlic butter.
More Crockpot Side Dishes
- Brown Sugar Baked Beans
- No Boil Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- Green Bean Casserole with Fresh Green Beans
- Crockpot Refried BeansHow To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Crockpot
Other Gluten Free Potato Recipes
- Pan Fried Sliced Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- How To Make Microwave Baked Potatoes
- Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Prep the sweet potatoes. Rinse the sweet potatoes under water scrubbing away any dirt. Pat dry with paper toweling. Place the potatoes into the crockpot. You can stack them 2 deep if you want to cook them in bulk.4 medium sweet potatoes
- ⭐️Cook. Cook the potatoes on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve. Serve topped with butter and brown sugar or your favorite toppings.
- Let potatoes cool completely for food safety then store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can store with or without the peel.
- Freeze peeled sweet potatoes in a Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.
- Serve savory or sweet as a side dish, main entree or dessert.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
Leave a Reply