Homemade Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix is simple to make from scratch without ketchup. Learn how to make sloppy joe seasoning without a can. It makes enough to blend with 3-4 lbs. of ground meat so you can either make an extra-large batch of sloppy joes, or freeze the extra mix in individual containers to grab on a busy night. Gluten-free.
Sloppy Joes are definitely a go-to meal on a busy night. In just 3 steps and 5 minutes, you can make a homemade Sloppy Joe mix. This makes a large batch that can be frozen in individual containers or freezer bags. Then, all you have to do is grab one when needed. The perfect solution when you are crunched for time!
WE ARE A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES.
- 28 oz. tomato puree
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- Blend all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Use 1 cup for 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Store leftovers in freezer ziplock bags, freeze
Want to keep it simple? Brown meat (ground turkey, beef, chicken, pork) in a deep skillet then drain the fat. Add 1 cup sauce for every 1lb of meat. Bring to a boil then simmer (10-15 minutes). Stir occasionally until you are ready to serve.
TIP: This recipe makes enough for 3-4 lbs of meat.
Gather all the ingredients. Add to a mixing bowl & stir until combined.
This recipe is very similar to the flavors of Manwich. You can add the following spices to this recipe, or simply to a can of the traditional mix.
- TANGY SLOPPY JOE – Add 1 TBSP of smoked paprika
- SPICY SLOPPY JOE – Add 1 tsp of dried ground mustard
- SWEET SLOPPY JOE – Add an extra 1 TBSP of brown sugar
Remember to store leftovers in freezer Ziploc bags or glass freezer storage containers.
More seasoning recipes
Side Dish ideas for SLOPPY JOES
- Crock-Pot Red Potatoes
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Make-Ahead Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Zucchini Squash Rounds
- Crockpot Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Homemade Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 28 ounce tomato puree ✅
- 1/4 cup tomato paste ✅
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce ✅
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses ✅
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the ingredients. Blend all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.28 ounce tomato puree, 1/4 cup tomato paste, 3 tablespoons white vinegar, 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons molasses, 1 teaspoon salt
- How to prepare sloppy joes. Use 1 cup of sloppy joe mix for 1 pound of ground beef.
- Store. Store leftovers in freezer ziplock bags or a container with lid. Label and freeze.