Simple make-ahead roasted potatoes are perfect for a quick side dish or take them on your next camping trip. Frozen roasted potatoes reheat easily and taste amazing! Gluten-free.
Enjoy roasted potatoes without taking the time on a busy night or even pack on your next camping trip for a gourmet side dish that’s easy to prepare.
- 10 baby red potatoes
- 3 tbsp. butter or homemade garlic butter
How to make
Let one stick of butter soften. In a small plastic bowl with a lid, combine 2 tsp. minced garlic to with the soft butter, add a touch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Wash potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet, season with salt
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Let cool
- Leave as is, or use a potato masher to press the potatoes flat
- Place into a freezer bag and freeze until ready to use
How to Reheat?
- Place a bag of potatoes into the fridge in the morning.
- Pour into a skillet or pan and heat over medium heat
- Add pats of butter or use homemade garlic butter
Serve Potatoes with
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Make-Ahead Roasted Potatoes
- 10 baby red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter or homemade garlic butter
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- ⭐️Bake the potatoes. Place the potatoes onto a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool. Leave as is, or use a potato masher to press the potatoes flat10 baby red potatoes
- Freeze. Place into a freezer bag and freeze until ready to use.
- Defrost the potatoes. Place the bag of potatoes into the fridge in the morning.
- ⭐️Reheat. Pour into a skillet or pan and heat over medium heat. Add pats of butter or use homemade garlic butter and season with salt. Warm until heated through.3 tablespoons butter or homemade garlic butter