Our Chicken Taco Seasoning recipe saves money and adds amazing flavor to recipes. This simple chicken taco seasoning is quick & easy & makes enough for use in chicken tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, or any recipe that calls for taco seasoning.
This gluten-free homemade chicken taco seasoning mix recipe is delicious in chicken tacos, chicken chili, as Mexican chicken seasons in recipes, or anywhere taco seasoning is called for.
Keep reading or check out the quick how to DIY taco seasoning video!
How Do You Make Homemade Chicken Taco Seasoning mix from Scratch?
- Combine all the spices in a mason jar or Tupperware container and simply give them a shake to mix.
- Use per recipe instructions or store for later.
Kitchen Tip: To make mild taco seasoning follow the recipe exactly or skip the red pepper flakes. For spicier taco seasoning add a tsp. of cayenne pepper or more crushed red pepper flakes.
This is the perfect seasoning for ground chicken tacos, but don’t worry – you can use chicken taco seasoning on beef tacos too!
This seasoning for chicken tacos is not only for tacos.
One of my favorite recipes to use this spice blend in is my Southwest Chicken Chili Recipe. For Mexican flavored recipes try Taco Cups or Layered Taco Dip. For more ideas on creative uses of taco meat, check out 20 Recipes You Can Make With a Pound of Taco Meat.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Chicken Taco Seasoning Recipe
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup cumin
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a glass mason jar, ziplock bag, or airtight Tupperware container.1/2 cup chili powder, 1/2 cup cumin, 1/4 cup paprika, 1/4 cup onion powder, 1/4 cup garlic powder, 2 tbsp. salt, 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Blend. Shake to mix. Store in an air-tight container.
- To use in chicken tacos, add 3-4 tbsp. mix + 1/3 cup water.
- To use in replace of seasoning packets use 3-4 tbsp. mix.