Crockpot Baked beans are a healthy summer side dish. Using dry beans and simple ingredients, this recipe is inexpensive to make along with being very easy.
There’s not much that goes better with a summer BBQ than crockpot baked beans.
This kid-friendly classic doesn’t need to be complicated or take a lot of time.
These baked beans use dry beans which are inexpensive, simple to use, and taste amazing!
Did you know you don’t need to soak dry legumes?
This method saves time (no pre-soaking) and money (dry beans are cheap!). Read more about it here.
Crockpot Baked Beans can easily be assembled in the morning then left to cook all day, making this side dish a simple addition that doesn’t take much time or effort.
How To Make Slow Cooker Beans
- Add ingredients to crockpot, stir
- Cook on high for 8-10 hours
- Adjust salt if needed. More or less water can be added to get the consistency desired
Let’s take a closer look. First, rinse the beans and pick out any small pieces.
Add beans to the slow cooker. Next, add the dry ingredients plus the molasses.
Lastly, add the tomato sauce and water. Stir. Cook on high all day.
These beans smell so wonderful cooking that the landscaper who was outside the day I made these commented on the delicious smells that were wafting out the window!
Homemade Crockpot Baked Beans
- 2 lb. bag dry Great Northern Beans rinsed
- 2 29 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 8 cups water filling each empty tomato sauce can with water is equivalent)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. dry mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, stir.
- Cook on high for 8-10 hours.
- Adjust salt if needed. More or less water can be added to get the consistency desired.
Looking for something to grill? Learn how to make the best homemade burgers -> the cheese-stuffed Juicy Lucy Burger!
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!