Crock Pot Potatoes – a delicious and easy slow cooker recipe to serve your family or a crowd! The hints of garlic with olive oil, butter & spices will make this recipe a family favorite!
This crock pot potato recipe is a staple in my house because everyone is running in different directions.
Between school, activities, and work, life can get a bit crazy! But, being able to make a recipe with under 10 ingredients has been a lifesaver.
Plus, my family LOVES to add their own twist to the recipe! As a result, I’ve seen these crock pot potatoes turn into:
- Loaded potatoes
- Bacon cheesy potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Ranch potatoes
Keep reading for step by step instructions or watch the video now to see how simple this potato recipe is to make!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT POTATOES
- Slice red potatoes then add to crockpot
- Add all remaining ingredients into slow cooker and stir until each potato is coated with the spice mixture
- Turn on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours
- Add your favorite toppings when potatoes are crispy-brown
- Serve and Enjoy!
Using an Instant Pot instead of a crockpot is another great option – especially if you want to turn this recipe into a quick baked potato soup!
However, believe me when I say that slicing each red potato is 100% worth it!
WHAT BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL DO I PICK?
However, here are a few helpful tips to pick a bottle:
- Pick a darker bottle since a dark container will keep out light, which can reduce the quality of the oil
- Choose a glass bottle since glass protects the oil from oxygen, which can decrease the health benefits
- Find a bottle from a lower shelf since oil stored on the bottom shelf will likely be exposed to less light
ARE THERE OTHER SPICES I CAN ADD TO CROCK POT POTATOES?
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
WHICH TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO CROCKPOT POTATOES?
- Sour cream
- Sautéed onions
- Bacon Bits
- Green onions
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH CROCK POT POTATOES?
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!Print
Crock Pot Potatoes make a delicious & simple side dish for dinner and are great for entertaining. Slow cooker potatoes are cooked with olive oil, butter, and spices and cook up to be tender and browned.
- 3 lbs. red potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Slice potatoes and place them into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with spices and add butter. Stir.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- Add parmesan and chives after potatoes are cooked or add your favorite potato toppings.
FREE Kids Cooking eBook!
Do you want your children eating a more varied diet, but wonder how to get more fruit and veggies into their meals & snacks? This eBook is a fun filled way to get kids eating better while having age appropriate fun!