Crock Pot Red Potatoes - a delicious and easy slow cooker red potato recipe for dinner or for a crowd. The hints of garlic with olive oil, butter & spices will make this recipe a family favorite!
This crock pot potato recipe is a staple in my house because everyone is running in different directions.
Between school, activities, and work, life can get a bit crazy! But, being able to make a recipe with under 10 ingredients has been a lifesaver.
Plus, my family LOVES to add their own twist to the recipe! As a result, I've seen these crock pot potatoes turn into:
- Loaded potatoes
- Bacon cheesy potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Ranch potatoes
Keep reading for step by step instructions or watch the video now to see how simple this potato recipe is to make!
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT RED POTATOES
- Slice red potatoes then add to crockpot
- Add all remaining ingredients into slow cooker and stir until each potato is coated with the spice mixture
- Turn on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours
- Add your favorite toppings when potatoes are crispy-brown
- Serve and Enjoy!
Using an Instant Pot instead of a crockpot is another great option - especially if you want to turn this recipe into a quick baked potato soup!
However, believe me when I say that slicing each red potato is 100% worth it!
WHAT BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL DO I PICK?
However, here are a few helpful tips to pick a bottle:
- Pick a darker bottle since a dark container will keep out light, which can reduce the quality of the oil
- Choose a glass bottle since glass protects the oil from oxygen, which can decrease the health benefits
- Find a bottle from a lower shelf since oil stored on the bottom shelf will likely be exposed to less light
What OTHER SPICES I CAN ADD TO Red Potatoes in the CROCK POT?
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
WHICH TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO CROCKPOT POTATOES?
- Sour cream
- Sautéed onions
- Bacon Bits
- Green onions
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH Slow Cooker RED POTATOES?
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!Print
Crock Pot Red Potatoes make a delicious & simple side dish for dinner and are great for entertaining. Slow cooker red potatoes are cooked with olive oil, butter, and spices and cook up to be tender and browned.
- 3 lbs. red potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- Slice potatoes and place them into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with spices and add butter. Stir.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- Add parmesan and chives after potatoes are cooked or add your favorite potato toppings.