Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are crispy on the outside and extra juicy on the inside – in much less time than in the oven! Learn how to cook frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer pan. No need to defrost, simply place the nuggets onto the air fryer tray and bake.
Not only is this recipe quick, easy and delicious, it is meant for kids to create all on their own! With step-by-step instructions, your young chef can follow along to create a weeknight or weekend meal for themselves or the whole family.
For more kid friendly recipes, check out Tofu Smoothie Kids Love + Smoothie Freezer Packs, Smashed Avocado Toast (With Kid-Friendly Toppings) and Smore Charcuterie Board.
For years, our go-to kitchen appliance was our crock pot. Eventually, we started using an Instant pot and was completely amazed with all the Instant pot recipes that could be created. Then the air fryer came along… and we will be the first to admit that we were missing out!
With the air fryer, you can quickly cook meals that are full of flavor without excess fat or calories. Plus, it is easy for kids to use on their own or with a helper. From Air Fryer Baked Apples (Gluten-Free) and Air Fryer Banana Chips to Air Fryer Italian Chicken Thighs and Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks, there are so many recipe possibilities (check out even more meal ideas below!).
Ready to get started on frozen chicken nuggets in air fryer? Grab the equipment and ingredients then follow the written instructions. Enjoy!
- air fryer
- 10 gluten-free chicken nuggets (or regular) ✅
Gluten-Free Guide: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the air fryer
Add the desired number of chicken nuggets you are cooking to the air fry tray. Arrange the nuggets in a single layer on the tray.
Preheat the air fryer and cook
Set the air fryer to 400°F. It only takes a couple of minutes to preheat. Then, place the rack into the air fryer and air fry for 5 minutes. Flip the nuggets using tongs then air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
The Best Chicken Nugget Dipping Sauces
A chicken nugget meal never gets old, especially when served with a variety of dipping sauces. Check out all these delicious (and gluten-free) options:
- Buffalo sauce
- Honey mustard
- Sweet n sour
Our family favorite? Our homemade dairy-free ranch dressing recipe. You have to give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope! Spraying with oil will result in greasy nuggets.
If only the tops are crisp, check that you didn’t overcrowd the nuggets onto the tray. There should be a single layer of nuggets with space between each nugget. Also check the size of the nuggets, each brand of nuggets will differ in size. If larger than the nuggets displayed, the total cooking time may need to be adjusted.
If your kids like super crispy nuggets, bump up the frying time by 1-2 minutes.
Air fried nuggets can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, we find that these are best served the day they are fried. To reheat, return to the air fryer for 4 minutes.
We have you covered with our Gluten Free Sweet Potato Fries, Veggie Mac and Cheese Recipe, Broccoli Salad without Mayo and Fruit Salsa Recipe.
Kids In The Kitchen
Cooking tips and suggestions for kids making this recipe.
- Arranging the nuggets in a single layer on the tray will help each nugget be crispy on all sides.
- Always use oven mitts when removing the tray from the air fryer to prevent burns.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Ground Turkey (Air Fryer)
- Ninja Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Fried Calamari (Air Fryer, Paleo, Gluten free)
- Salmon Patties in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (No Breading)
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 10 gluten-free chicken nuggets (or regular) ✅
- Place the chicken nuggets onto the baking tray. Add the number of chicken nuggets you are cooking to the air fry tray.10 gluten-free chicken nuggets (or regular)
- ⭐️Preheat the air fryer and cook. Set the air fryer to 400°F. It only takes a couple of minutes to preheat. Place the rack into the air fryer and air fry for 5 minutes. Flip using tongs. Air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Do not spray the nuggets with oil spray.
- Be careful not to overcrowd the air fryer tray with nuggets. Arrange in a single layer.
- For extra crispy nuggets, bump up the frying time by 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces like ketchup, bbq, ranch, honey mustard, honey or buffalo sauce.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
Leave a Reply