This sugar free drink recipe using Truvia ® is a Starbucks copycat recipe you need to try! Strawberry Fizz combines fresh strawberries, Truvia® Natural Sweetener, coconut milk, topped with club soda for a delicious drink you will make over and over.
I was asked to participate in the #TasteTruvia campaign as a member of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I was compensated for my time, but all opinions are my own.
My sister was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when she was 11 years old. To say this changed the way my family ate and thought about food barely begins to cover it.
25 years later, my sister continues to amaze me. I have never heard her complain about the cards she was dealt. I don’t know that I could be as positive if I were in her shoes.
She’s not alone in her desire for sugar free drink options.
Sugar free drinks are not only important to diabetics, but for those watching their sugar intake as well. This Strawberry Fizz is a great alternative.The perfect afternoon treat! Click To Tweet
The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting added sugars to less than 10% of total daily calories.
These guidelines state that the use of calorie-free sugar substitutes may help individuals maintain a healthy weight, and can also help to reduce the risks associated with excess intake of caloric sweeteners.
This is where Truvia® comes into play. This product is perfect for people with diabetes, but also those looking to reduce sugar in their diets (see point above on the average American).
I was surprised to see that Truvia® had the same texture as sugar. It can be sprinkled on anything you would normally sprinkle with sugar (coffee anyone?!).
My inspiration for the following sugar free drink recipe using truvia, the Strawberry Fizz, is based on the infamous Starbucks Pink Drink.
In developing the recipe I had three goals:
1. Make a sugar-free, Starbucks worthy, drink recipe that my diabetic sister would love
2. Develop a recipe that is perfect for Valentine’s Day (February is right around the corner!)
3. Create a healthy drink I could offer my children for an extra boost of fruit
I think I met my goals. Watch to see how easy it is to make this Strawberry Fizz:
Depending on your mood, you can serve with, or without, whipped cream. 🙂
Don’t miss out on the latest recipes and blog posts – sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Make sure to PIN the recipe NOW so you can make it later!
Does it surprise you to hear sweetened beverages are the single largest source of added sugars in American’s diets? I’d love to hear how you plan to cut back on sugar in your home.
Stay in Touch – And Get Cooking!
- 4-5 large strawberries washed and trimmed
- 2 packets Truvia® Natural Sweetener (adjust for desired sweetness)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 oz soda water or sparkling water
- 1 straw
- Place strawberries in blender
- Add Trivia®
- Blend until chopped
- Add ice to glass, top with coconut milk
- Add strawberry puree and stir
- Top with soda water and stir gently
- Add straw and enjoy!
- Optional: Top with whipped cream, a fresh strawberry, and a mint leaf.
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 packets Truvia® Natural Sweetener (or more based on taste)
- Place mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for at least 15 minutes
- Pour whipping cream and Truvia® into cold bowl
- Blend on low until blended and increase speed to high
- Whip until until stiff peaks are formed, which takes several minutes
- Serve and enjoy!