A Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe that’s just like Taco Bell. This Crunchwrap recipe uses extra-large tortillas, Greek yogurt, and plenty of cheese making this a simple but delicious recipe! Gluten-free instructions included.
The crunchwrap is my favorite item on the Taco Bell menu. From the outside tortilla to the crunch of the corn tostada inside, this might look like a difficult meal to make, but once you learn a few simple tricks it’s really easy – and is sure to become a favorite!
You may also love the Taco Bell classic Nacho Fries Bell Grande made quick and simply at home.
How to Make
1. Brown the meat.
2. Season the meat.
Start by browning ground beef with taco seasoning.
Add a can of your favorite diced tomatoes. I used a variety with green chilies in it and it was so good!
3. Prepare the shells for the crunch wrap.
Use a tostada as a guide to trace around to cut out a circle from a whole tortilla. This will cover the bottom of the crunch wrap recipe. You can also just fajita-sized tortillas or corn tortillas to save from wasting the extra portion of the large tortilla.
4. Start assembling the Crunchwrap.
Start by layering the meat mixture onto a whole tortilla (not the cut one).
Add a tostada then spread tostada with Greek yogurt.
Add cheese and salsa then top with lettuce. Place the cut-out tortilla circle on top.
Use whatever toppings your family enjoys. We love keeping this Velvetta Cheese sauce on hand. It freezes well and it is easy to quickly defrost to use with the recipe.
How To Fold
5. Fold the crunchwrap.
This is the challenging part. If you simply start wrapping each side in starting on one side and gently working your way around while holding down the folded parts it goes smoothly. Once you do one you’ll get the hang of it.
Using a pan or griddle, coat the bottom with some oil. The oil helps seal the crunch wrap supreme shut along with giving it a nice golden brown color. Cook each side over medium heat, for 3 minutes, or until browned.
More Mexican Dinner Ideas
- Taco Quesadilla
- Mexican Shells with Ground Beef
- Mexican Ceviche Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Crockpot Meal
- Taco Casserole with Pasta
Gluten-Free Guide: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten.
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe
- 12 extra large tortillas Udi's makes extra large gluten-free tortillas
- 1 lb. lean ground beef ✅
- 1 packet taco seasoning ✅
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles
- 6 to tostadas ✅
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese ✅
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa or fresh tomatoes
- optional: nacho cheese sauce ✅
- Prepare the meat mixture. In large skillet over medium high heat brown the meat, then drain. Add the packet of taco seasoning and can of diced tomatoes. Stir, then remove from heat.1 lb. lean ground beef, 1 packet taco seasoning, 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles
- Heat a skillet. Heat a clean pan, or griddle, over medium heat.
- Cut a tostada sized peice of tortilla or swap . Place tostada shell on top of a tortilla. Use tostada as a stencil to trace around to cut out a smaller circle in the center of the tortilla. Repeat until you have 6 circles. Alternative: Use fajita sized tortillas or corn tortilla to skip cutting out circles.12 extra large tortillas
- Layer the ingredients onto the crunch wrap. Onto whole tortillas, divide meat mixture evenly into center of tortilla. Place a tostada on top of the meat. Spread Greek yogurt onto tostadas. Add cheese, salsa, cheese sauce if using, and lettuce on top of the tostada.6 to tostadas, 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup salsa or fresh tomatoes, optional: nacho cheese sauce
- Wrap the Crunch Wrap. Top with the cut smaller tortilla circles or fajita sized tortilla or corn tortilla, then bend corners of large tortilla around the top to seal shut.
- Cook. Spray pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil. Cook crunch wrap for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Serve immediately.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!