Rectangle pizza is a sheet pan pizza that feeds a lot of kids. Using pre-made pizza dough, tons of cheese, then loaded with pepperoni, it is a kid favorite! Gluten-free instructions.
Our recipe for school pizza is the ideal meal for any upcoming slumber party, family gathering or birthday party. It is delicious, quick to make and is always a huge hit with kids of any age.
You can even turn this into a fun cooking activity to keep kids busy! With simple step-by-step instructions, kids can roll out the dough, spread with sauce then top with their favorite toppings.
Start off by gathering the equipment and ingredients. For our recipe, we keep things easy by using a pre-made pizza crust. Another option would be to make pizza dough from scratch. Check out this recipe to find the ingredients for Homemade Pizza Dough.
**To make this recipe gluten-free use a prepackaged mix then roll the dough out to fit your pan.
- 14 x 20-inch baking sheet
- measuring cups
- kitchen scissors
- Pizza Cutter
- 2 13.8 ounce refrigerated pizza crust dough or prepackaged gluten-free pizza dough mix
- 15 ounce pizza sauce
- 8 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 30 pepperoni slices optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
How To Make
First things first, preheat the oven to 425°F. The oven temp for pizza should be high as it is the key to a crispy crust and cheesy middle.
Par bake the crust
Next, unroll the package of crust and place it onto the baking sheet, stretching it to cover more space. This is a super fun step for kids – they love seeing how much the dough will stretch without it tearing!
Then, unroll the second package and using the kitchen scissors, cut it to fit, then use the extra pieces to fill in. Have kids use clean hands to seal it together. You can make an edge around the lip of the pan if desired.
Bake the dough for 8 minutes then remove from the oven.
Add the pizza toppings
Once the crust is removed from the oven, spread the pizza sauce onto the par-baked crust. If you have younger chefs making this recipe, we recommend letting the sheet pan cool before adding the sauce to prevent kids from touching the hot pan.
After spreading the sauce, add the mozzarella cheese, Colby jack, and parmesan cheese. Add the pepperoni slices if using and sprinkle with the Italian seasonings. This is also a great time to add any additional pizza toppings that kids have requested.
Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. You can slice the pizza while on the sheet pan or place on a piece of parchment paper before slicing.
Pizza Toppings For Kids
- sausage crumbles
- diced ham
- black olives
- diced bell peppers
Frequently Asked Questions
You can get 15 servings from 1 sheet pan pizza, which means each kiddo will have 2 slices of pizza.
We recommend holding the dough off the counter and slowly moving your hands around the edge letting gravity help stretch the dough. Then, place in the sheet pan and use your knuckles for any last minute stretching to fit your pan.
Absolutely. Make a day ahead by par baking the crust, adding the toppings then covering the cooled pizza with plastic wrap and storing in the fridge. On the day of your event, all you will have left to do is bake for 10-12 minutes!
More Quick Dinner Ideas For Kids
- Homemade Low-Sodium Ramen Noodles
- Pork Chop Sheet Pan Dinner
- Kid-Friendly Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Ground Turkey (Air Fryer)
- Mini Corn Dogs
- Par Baked Pizza
- Old Fashioned Boiled Chicken and Rice
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Veggie Mac and Cheese
- Taco Quesadilla
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
- 2 13.8 ounce refrigerated pizza crust dough or prepackaged gluten-free pizza dough mix prepared per package instructions
- 15 ounce pizza sauce ✅
- 8 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese ✅
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese ✅
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese ✅
- 30 pepperoni slices ✅optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings ✅
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- ⭐️Par bake the crust. Unroll the package of crust and place it onto the baking sheet, stretching it to cover more space. Unroll the second package and using the kitchen scissors, cut it to fit, then use the extra pieces to fill in. If using gluten-free dough, prepare per package instructions, then roll out to fit your pan.Use clean hands to seal it together and make an edge around the lip of the pan if desired. Bake for 8 minutes then remove from the oven.2 13.8 ounce refrigerated pizza crust dough or prepackaged gluten-free pizza dough mix prepared per package instructions
- ⭐️Add the pizza toppings. Spread the pizza sauce onto the par-baked crust. Add the mozzarella cheese, Colby jack, and parmesan cheese. Add the pepperoni slices if using and sprinkle with the Italian seasonings. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.15 ounce pizza sauce, 8 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese, 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 30 pepperoni slices, 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings