This ground beef and bean burrito is a kid favorite! It’s a simple to make dinner with ground beef, refried beans, and plenty of cheese that packs great for camping trips, frozen and reheated for lunchboxes or served as dinner. These burritos can easily be made gluten free.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
My family loves camping and we look forward to our trip each summer. Popping a tent, roasting marshmallows and exploring nature each day makes for some great memories.
If you camp with a large group of people, then you will definitely want to add this recipe to your list of easy camping meals for large groups. The beef and beans burritos can be customized to everyone’s liking and enjoyed around the campfire.
HOW TO MAKE
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground taco meat with refried beans.
- Evenly divide meat mixture between flour tortillas.
- Top with cheese and any additional toppings.
- Fold sides in and roll tightly.
PRO TIP: Make these burritos before you leave for camping, wrap in tin foil and store in your cooler. Your family can grab and reheat as desired.
Get started by cooking the ground beef and refried beans. Since I make these beef and bean burritos before we leave, I make both the beef and refried beans homemade.
Once the ground beef is browned and fully cooked, I add my homemade Chicken Taco Seasoning for flavor. Yes, I said chicken taco seasoning but it is delicious on beef tacos too.
For years, I would buy the taco seasoning packets but constantly forgot to keep an extra in the pantry. I decided to make a large batch of this taco seasoning to always have on hand.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS?
It is a lot easier than you think and the flavor is 100% better than any canned variety.
My daughter loves refried beans so I decided to develop a Crockpot Refried Beans recipe with the perfect blend of beans and spices. When it comes to camping, I especially love this recipe because I can make a double batch to use in various recipes to pack for our trip.
Once both the ground beef and refried beans are done cooking, combine in a medium-sized bowl.
Love cheese like my kids? Add shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl or on the side as a topping to create a beef and cheese burrito.
WHAT OTHER TOPPINGS CAN I ADD TO THE BURRITOS?
- Diced tomatoes
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Green onions
Evenly distribute the beef, beans and other toppings in the flour tortillas.
Next, fold and wrap tortillas.
Once the burritos are folded, I will wrap each burrito in a piece of parchment paper and aluminum foil for easy transport to the campsite.
PRO TIP: If you added additional toppings to the burritos, write the ingredients on the foil to keep track of the different varieties.
Whether you camp in a tent or RV, this recipe can be added to your recipe list.
I typically heat our beef and beans burritos over a campfire using our campsite grill because in under 5 minutes the burrito is hot & ready to eat.
If you are traveling with a large camping group or meet people at the campsite, this recipe is perfect for a meal. Grab the ingredients & head to the campfire!
HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND BEANS BURRITOS FOR A LARGE GROUP:
- Double or Triple Recipe
- Set out meat mixture, cheese, tortillas, toppings, and tin foil and let everyone assemble their own burrito.
- Heat on campfire or grill.
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Ground Beef and Bean Burrito
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked
- 1 packet taco seasoning check for gluten free
- 16 oz. can refried beans check for gluten free
- 1.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese check for gluten free
- 8 flour tortillas or gluten free flour toritillas
- Blend the meat and the beans. In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground beef, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Evenly divide meat mixture between flour tortillas. Top with cheese and any additional toppings.1 lb. ground beef, cooked, 1 packet taco seasoning, 16 oz. can refried beans, 1.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 8 flour tortillas or gluten free flour toritillas
- Wrap the tortillas. Fold sides in and roll tightly.
To Heat In Oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat beef and beans burritos for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
To Heat Over Campfire:
- Wrap burritos in heavy duty tin foil and place on grill grate over the fire. Heat for 3-5 minutes, rotating the burrito frequently.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!