Chicken legs in an air fryer is one of the easiest ways to cook chicken drumsticks. Made with minimal ingredients and a quick cooking time. This ninja foodi air fryer recipe creates healthy fried chicken that is crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs are a quick and simple recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes. It is the ideal recipe for a weeknight dinner, friend potluck, family game night or game day celebration. Between the crispy outside and tender inside, these chicken drumsticks will not leave you disappointed. My son first inspired me to purchase an air fryer after requesting fried chicken for months. In the past, I would dread making fried chicken because of the huge mess and long prep time. The air fryer definitely simplified the steps and eliminated the mess.
- 8 Bone-In Skin on Chicken Legs
- 1 Packet Dry Italian Seasoning Mix
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray such as avocado oil spray
- paper toweling
How To Make
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken dry
- Season both sides with Dry Italian Seasoning Mix
- Place onto air fryer rack
- Spray top of chicken legs with non-stick cooking spray
- Cook 10 minutes, flip, then cook 10 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
While the air fryer is preheating, using a paper towel, pat the chicken legs dry. By removing the excess moisture from the chicken drumsticks, you will end up with a crispy piece of air-fried chicken!
Season both sides with a seasoning mix. I personally like to use an Italian Seasoning Mix. But, you could swap with any other dry seasoning mix.
PRO TIP: Make sure to season one side of the chicken legs, flip, then season the other side of the chicken legs.
Once the chicken legs are seasoned, place onto the air fryer rack. Spray the top of the chicken legs with a non-stick cooking spray.
Yes! You will need to extend the cooking time 5-15 minutes depending on your air fryer model. Cook until the temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If not, continue the cycle of cooking for 5 minutes.
No. Make sure you do not overcrowd your air fryer basket by stacking the chicken thighs. You will want to arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer. This is key to a crispy piece of air-fried chicken!
It takes under 30 minutes to fry chicken legs at 375 degrees. While you wait for the chicken drumsticks to finish cooking and crisping, consider making one of these delicious side dishes!
10 minutes on one side then you flip and cook 10 more minutes on the other side.
Cook for 10 minutes on one side, flip, and cook 10 more minutes on the other side.
An air fryer circulates hot air around the food with a fan. This allows you to end up with food that is fried on the outside and juicy on the inside.
PRO TIP: Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees before removing from the oven.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN LEGS DIPPING SAUCES
Have some fun by trying different dipping sauces. Personally, the sauces are my favorite part of eating fried chicken. You can serve the sauce on the side or toss your fried chicken legs in the sauce before serving.
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- Creamy Herb Sauce
- Blueberry BBQ Sauce
- Sweet Honey Sauce
Not a fan of dipping sauces? No worries, this air fried chicken leg recipe is already bursting with flavor!
More CHICKEN RECIPES
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Crescent Roll Chicken Pot Pie
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken A La King
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta Recipe
- Light Chicken Alfredo with Greek Yogurt
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 chicken legs ✅
- 1 Packet Dry Italian Seasoning Mix ✅
- Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Prep and season the chicken. Using a paper towel, pat the chicken dry. Season both sides with a dry Italian seasoning mix. Place onto air fryer rack. Spray top of chicken legs with non-stick cooking spray.8 chicken legs, 1 Packet Dry Italian Seasoning Mix
- ⭐️Air Fry. Cook 10 minutes, flip, then cook 10 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.