This Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe With Chicken & Broccoli is creamy and decadent tasting while being lower in calories and fat. It’s simple to make and is the perfect low-fat dinner recipe to try this week!
I recently participated in a challenge to take a favorite dish that your family loves (…Fettuccini….) and swap soy sauce for salt, reducing the sodium by up to 50% in the recipe.
Soy sauce is often associated with being high in sodium, but culinary research indicates it’s an ingredient that can actually help reduce sodium in recipes.
How? Soy sauce is rich in umami, a savory taste that helps round out the overall flavor of a dish and enhances the palatability of a wide variety of foods. In fact, a study published in the Journal of Food buy clomid canada Science revealed that swapping soy sauce for salt reduces the sodium by up to 50% without decreasing consumer acceptance.
While the published research was done on soup, salad dressing and stir-fried pork, Kikkoman is excited to hear the (unscientific) results of your own “Sodium Saving, Flavor Raising” culi- nary research and if your guests can taste the difference!
I admit, I never would have thought to use soy sauce as a salt replacement… but I am so glad I did. Not only did Kikkoman Soy Sauce add the right amount of salt to the dish, but it added another flavor element that salt could not.
Watch how easy this recipe is to make in this how-to video.Print
A low fat dinner recipe that is creamy and decadent. Fettuccini Alfredo without all the calories and fat.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken tenders (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups broccoli, steamed
- 8 oz. fettuccini noodles, prepared per box instructions
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan, add chicken tenders (skip this step if using rotisserie chicken). Cook chicken until internal temperature is 165 degrees (about 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from sauté pan.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into the same pan, add garlic. Let cook 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour, one tablespoon at a time. Slowly whisk chicken stock into flour mixture, blending until smooth.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, soy sauce, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Toss Alfredo sauce with fettuccini noodles, steamed broccoli, and chicken.
- Serve topped with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
To easily steam broccoli, place in microwave-safe dish with water covering the bottom. Cover. Heat for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender.
Learn How To Stock A Healthy Pantry - The Easy Way!
Join the club & get your FREE Pantry Staples checklist. You'll receive our weekly updates on quick, healthy recipes.