Chicken Spaghetti is an instant pot chicken casserole with tons of flavor from canned chicken, cheese, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch seasoning. A simple and easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. Gluten-free.
This recipe is packed with so much flavor from the chicken, cheese, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch seasoning. It is highly recommended for a weekday or weekend dinner. It only takes a total of 13 minutes from start to finish for a delicious and nutritious meal!
Related: How To Use An Instant Pot: A Beginners Guide
How To Make
- Turn instant pot to saute mode.
- Add olive oil, onions, and green peppers. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add 1/2 of the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing. Stir.
- Break pasta in half and add to the instant pot. DO NOT STIR.
- Add the canned chicken (with the liquid) and the rest of the chicken broth to the instant pot. Do not stir.
- Place lid on top, set to sealing. Cook high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once cooked, do a quick release by carefully turning the valve to venting.
- Stir in cheese and serve hot.
If your family are pasta lovers like mine, try 3 Kid-Friendly Sausage Recipes, Healthy Crack Chicken Pasta, Crockpot Chicken Pasta and Meatless Baked Spaghetti. I have a feeling that this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti recipe is going to make it to the top of your list too!
How To Make
Start by turning your instant pot to the saute mode. Add the olive oil and diced vegetables.
I typically use a combination of diced green peppers and onions when I am aiming to keep things simple. However, if I have more time (and the ingredients) then I will dice yellow and red bell peppers for an extra burst of color.
Once the onions are translucent, add the fresh minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
PRO TIP: Substitute the 1 tsp of fresh garlic with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder if you do not have a garlic clove.
Add 1/2 of the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning packet. Stir the ingredients together until mixed.
You will want to use full-fat Greek yogurt for this recipe. The full-fat version will add flavor and help to make creamy chicken spaghetti.
If your Greek yogurt ends up curdling a little bit, do not stress. This is typical when cooking with greek yogurt in the Instant Pot. Once you add the shredded cheese later in the recipe, it is not noticeable. The yogurt is 100% worth keeping as an ingredient because the flavor is so good.
Did you know that you can actually make homemade Greek Yogurt in the Instant Pot?
Time to add the pasta! Break pasta in half and add to the instant pot. My kids prefer spaghetti noodles for this instant pot recipe. However, you could swap the spaghetti with macaroni noodles or medium shells if you prefer.
PRO TIP: There needs to be liquid below the pasta and on top before cooking. It is key that you DO NOT STIR before cooking. Otherwise, the pasta will be gummy and sticky.
Add the canned chicken (with the liquid) and the rest of the chicken broth to the instant pot. Remember – do not stir.
Place lid on top, set to sealing. Cook high pressure for 8 minutes. Once cooked, do a quick release by carefully turning the valve to venting.
Stir in the shredded cheese. Serve hot.
I love this recipe because there is no need to dirty another pot to make the sauce. What is the most amazing dish created in one pot? Definitely this one-pot pressure cooker recipe!
By cooking the pasta in the Instant Pot with the chicken broth and Greek yogurt, starch will be released from the noodles. The starch will create a rich & creamy sauce. Plus, the shredded cheese that you stir in at the end is the perfect touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is my go-to Instant Pot recipe. I can have dinner prepped, cooked, and served in under 30 minutes.
My favorite instant pot chicken recipe is my Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs. This recipe can be paired with any veggie and/or starch side to create a balanced meal.
At this point, my Instant Pot Colcannon is my favorite recipe to make. Mainly because I hate waiting for potatoes to cook on the stove. The instant pot cooks the potatoes in just 5 minutes!
If you are a working mom, I highly recommend keeping it quick and simple. Try my Instant Pot Bone-In Chicken Thighs, Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Wings if you are looking for dinner to be on the table in under 20 minutes.
If you would have asked me a year ago if an Instant Pot was worth it, I would have said no. That was before I made my first recipe… I was a firm believer that you only needed a slow cooker to create meals. I will 100% admit that I was wrong. I will always cook in my crockpot but the Instant Pot has forever changed the meal routine. Between the minimal cooking time and endless recipe possibilities, the Instant Pot is truly worth every penny.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
- Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth
- How to Cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth ✅
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Dry dressing
- 7 ounces dry gluten-free spaghetti
- 12.5 ounces canned white chunk chicken, do not drain ✅
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese ✅
- ⭐️Turn instant pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, onions and green peppers. Saute until onions are translucent. Add garlic, cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 1/2 of the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing. Stir.1 small onion, diced, 1 green pepper, diced, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Dry dressing
- ⭐️Add pasta and chicken. Break pasta in half and add to the instant pot. DO NOT STIR. Add the canned chicken (with the liquid) and the rest of the chicken broth to the instant pot. Do not stir.1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Dry dressing, 12.5 ounces canned white chunk chicken, do not drain, 7 ounces dry gluten-free spaghetti
- ⭐️Cook. Place lid on top, set to sealing. Cook high pressure for 8 minutes. Once cooked, do a quick release by carefully turning the valve to venting. Stir in cheese and serve hot.6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
I made this last night and I couldn’t believe how well the pasta held up! I used leftover chicken and it was really good!