Looking for a chili recipe for a crowd? This is the best chili recipe filled with beef, tomatoes, beans, and packed with flavor. It’s a favorite here in the Midwest.
Nothing goes hand in hand more than cool weather and a hot bowl of chili. This is the best chili recipe combining Wiliams chili recipe seasoning with French’s chili recipe seasoning which simmers into the most perfectly flavored chili around.
Many Sundays throughout football season are spent with friends and family watching football games. Midwestern chili is at the center of many of those parties. Double the recipe, serve in a slow cooker with an assortment of toppings on the side so guest can build their own bowl of chili.
Ideas for Topping Chili For A Crowd Include:
- Shredded Cheese
- Onions, both white and green for added color and flavor
- Sriracha or hot sauce
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Soup crackers
- Spaghetti noodles or elbow pasta
There is a well-known restaurant in Green Bay, right across from the stadium, known for its chili.
This chili recipe is a family favorite and is said to be a replica of this popular restaurants version. My husband, who is the biggest fan of their chili, votes this recipe as the best chili recipe ever.
This recipe is packed with tomatoes, beans, either ground beef or pork and loads of seasonings. It’s left to simmer all day. It’s even better on day two…
I have yet to master replicating this recipe without the store-bought seasonings including French’s Chili-O and Williams Chili, but when I do, you will be the first to know!
Substitutions For This Midwestern Chili Recipe
- Use a combo of ground beef/ ground pork or ground beef /ground turkey
- Try different seasoning packets or use all Williams chili recipe seasoning or all French’s Chili-O recipe seasoning
- Skip the beans if your family isn’t into beans
- Add extra veggies like diced peppers, more tomatoes, or celery
Next game day, or just any nice cold weekend afternoon, whip up this easy recipe and enjoy.
If you’re looking for a healthier chili option, hands down, my families favorite is Crockpot Pumpkin Chili recipe. Don’t let the pumpkin scare you off. My kids love this soup – they may or may not know about the pumpkin!
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!Print
The best chili recipe, a classic midwestern recipe packed with tomatoes, beans, ground pork or beef, simmered all day.
- 4 lb seasoned pork sausage (or ground pork, beef, or turkey)
- 46 oz. tomato juice
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 15.5 oz. cans chili beans
- 6 cups water
- 4 packages chili seasonings (2 French’s Chili-O + 2 Williams Chili Mix if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot, saute onion and celery until translucent.
- In the same pot, brown ground pork sausage. Drain and add back to the pot.
- Add 4 packages of chili seasonings plus 1-2 cups of water, stir well and let cook 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, chili beans, water, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours, more if possible.
Serve over spaghetti noodles, top with sour cream, onions, and cheese.
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.