Looking for a recipe large enough to handle chili for a crowd? This is the best Williams chili recipe filled with beef, tomatoes, beans, and packed with flavor. It’s a favorite here in the Midwest.
Nothing goes hand in hand more than cool weather and a hot bowl of chili. This is the best chili recipe combining Wiliams chili recipe seasoning with French’s chili recipe seasoning which simmers into the most perfectly flavored chili around.
Many Sundays throughout football season are spent with friends and family watching football games. Midwestern chili is at the center of many of those parties.
Double the recipe, serve in a slow cooker, or roaster with an assortment of toppings on the side so guest can build their own bowl of chili.
Ideas for a Chili Bar
- Shredded Cheese
- Onions, both white and green for added color and flavor
- Sriracha or hot sauce
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Soup crackers
- Spaghetti noodles or elbow pasta (a staple here in Green Bay)
There is a well-known restaurant in Green Bay, right across from the stadium, known for its chili.
This chili recipe is a family favorite and is said to be a replica of this popular restaurant’s version. My husband, who is the biggest fan of their chili, votes this recipe as the best chili recipe ever.
This chili for a crowd recipe is packed with tomatoes, beans, either ground beef or pork, and loads of seasonings. It’s left to simmer all day. It’s even better on day two…
I have yet to master replicating this recipe without the store-bought seasonings including French’s Chili-O and Williams Chili, but when I do, you will be the first to know!
- Use a combo of ground beef/ ground pork or ground beef /ground turkey
- Try different seasoning packets or use all Williams chili recipe seasoning or all French’s Chili-O recipe seasoning
- Skip the beans or try a different kind
- Add extra veggies like diced peppers, more tomatoes, or celery
Next game day, or just any nice cold weekend afternoon, whip up this easy chili for a crowd recipe and enjoy.
If you’re looking for a healthier chili option, hands down, my family’s favorite is Crockpot Pumpkin Chili recipe. Don’t let the pumpkin scare you off. My kids love this soup – they may or may not know about the pumpkin!
More recipe ideas for a crowd that go great with chili:
- Parmesan Rolls
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Crockpot Red Potatoes
- Strawberry Triffle
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- Old Fashioned Banana Bread
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
The BEST Chili For A Crowd
- 4 lb seasoned pork sausage or ground pork, beef, or turkey
- 46 oz. tomato juice
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 15.5 oz. cans chili beans
- 6 cups water
- 4 packages chili seasonings I use 2 French's Chili-O + 2 Williams Chili Mix
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large pot, saute onion and celery until translucent.
- In the same pot, brown ground pork sausage. Drain and add back to the pot.
- Add 4 packages of chili seasonings plus 1-2 cups of water, stir well and let cook 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, chili beans, water, and bay leaves.
- Simmer for at least 2 hours, more if possible.
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.