Treat your guests to a mug of Crockpot Hot Cocoa with Raspberry Mint Sauce. This slow cooker hot chocolate is simple to make and works great for a crowd.
Thanks to Produce For Kids for sponsoring this delicious recipe with made with one of my favorite produce items – fresh raspberries!
You can make this hot cocoa recipe with or without the raspberry drizzle.
When the whipped cream and raspberry sauce blends into the hot chocolate, the flavor is amazing.
This recipe is virtually mess-free, it’s simple to make, and you don’t have to watch it on the stove. This hot cocoa recipe holds well for long periods of time. Another benefit is that since it’s not made with milk, the hot cocoa doesn’t form a skin on top from sitting as milk would.
So next time you’re entertaining a group and want to serve hot chocolate, give this Crockpot Hot Cocoa Recipe a try! If you think you’ll like it remember to share and pin for later!Print
A creamy hot cocoa recipe that is perfect for parties. Make in the crockpot this recipe holds well. Serve with or without the raspberry sauce.
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-8 cups water, plus 3 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, mashed with fork + more for garnish
- 5-10 leaves fresh mint
- whipped cream (optional)
To Make Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Add sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and 4 cups hot water to crockpot. Cook on high for 55 minutes, whisking every 15 minutes. Test taste, adding more water until desired sweetness is reached.
- Serve hot cocoa with whipped cream, drizzled with raspberry sauce, and a mint leaf if desired.
To Make Raspberry Sauce
- Over medium-low heat, simmer raspberries, mint leaves, and 3 tbsp. water until blended into a sauce-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Use mesh sieve to strain seeds from the sauce, using the back of a spoon.
FREE Kids Cooking eBook!
Do you want your children eating a more varied diet, but wonder how to get more fruit and veggies into their meals & snacks? This eBook is a fun filled way to get kids eating better while having age appropriate fun!