Our homemade chicken taco seasoning recipe saves money, adds amazing flavor to recipes, and is gluten-free. This simple chicken taco seasoning is quick & easy & makes enough for use in chicken tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, or any recipe that calls for taco seasoning.
Keep reading or check out the quick how to DIY taco seasoning video!
How To Make
- Combine all the spices in a mason jar or Tupperware container and simply give them a shake to mix.
- Use per recipe instructions or store for later.
Kitchen Tip: To make mild taco seasoning follow the recipe exactly or skip the red pepper flakes. For spicier taco seasoning add a tsp. of cayenne pepper or more crushed red pepper flakes.
This is the perfect seasoning for ground chicken tacos, but don’t worry – you can use chicken taco seasoning on beef tacos too!
This seasoning is not only for tacos.
One of my favorite recipes to use this spice blend in is my Southwest Chicken Chili Recipe. For Mexican flavored recipes try Taco Cups or Layered Taco Dip.
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Homemade Chicken Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chili powder ✅
- 1/2 cup cumin ✅
- 1/4 cup paprika ✅
- 1/4 cup onion powder ✅
- 1/4 cup garlic powder ✅
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a glass mason jar, ziplock bag, or airtight Tupperware container.1/2 cup chili powder, 1/2 cup cumin, 1/4 cup paprika, 1/4 cup onion powder, 1/4 cup garlic powder, 2 tablespoons salt, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Blend. Shake to mix. Store in an air-tight container.
- To use in chicken tacos, add 3-4 tbsp. mix + 1/3 cup water.
- To use in replace of seasoning packets use 3-4 tbsp. mix.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
I have always wanted to make my own taco seasoning. Can’t wait to try it!