Taco dip with refried beans is a quick and easy layered taco dip. It’s made with refried beans, avocado, salsa, and plenty of cheese. It has a creamy layer made with Greek yogurt seasoned with spices that makes it extra delicious! Gluten-free.
This taco dip recipe is packed with veggies. Everyone loves taco dip, so why not take advantage of the opportunity to easily get more veggies into kids and adults alike?
How To Make
I love serving this taco dip on a platter, but a bowl or casserole dish works too.
- Spread refried beans on the bottom of the serving tray or casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix Greek yogurt with spices. Spread on top of beans.
- Layer avocado on top of the yogurt mixture.
- Top with salsa.
- Add cheese and veggies.
- Serve with pretzel crisps and tortilla chips.
Start with a base of refried beans. I used frozen beans from my favorite homemade refried bean recipe, otherwise, a can of refried beans works great too.
Next, you’ll season the plain Greek yogurt. I like to use spices I already have on hand, but if you want to make it easier, simply use a taco seasoning mix.
After you layer the yogurt on top of the beans, top that with mashed avocado. You could use guacamole, but to save calories and money, I simply use 1 avocado.
Next comes the salsa and cheese spread on top of the refried bean dip, Greek yogurt mixture, and avocados.
Last, add the veggies on top.
A simple game day appetizer that helps control calories and fat, adds veggies, and is simple to make.
More game day recipes
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Taco Dip with Refried Beans
- 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ✅
- 1 teaspoon cumin ✅
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder ✅
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic ✅
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika ✅
- 16 ounces refried beans ✅
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup salsa ✅
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese ✅
- tomatoes, black olives, peppers, green onions, or favorite veggies
- tortilla chips ✅
- Blend the spices with the yogurt. In a medium-sized bowl, mix Greek yogurt with spices. Set aside.1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Layer the dip. Spread refried beans on the bottom of the serving tray or casserole dish. Add the Greek yogurt mixture, avocados, and salsa, then top with cheese and veggies.16 ounces refried beans, 1 medium avocado, mashed, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives, peppers, green onions, or favorite veggies
- Serve. Serve with tortilla chips.tortilla chips