Turkey Rice Casserole is a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken, a healthy family dinner idea any day of the week. Using frozen veggies, canned soup, and prepackaged rice, this meal comes together quickly.
Turkey casserole with rice is a simple and delicious way to use leftover turkey or last night's leftover chicken.
This recipe utilizes healthy prepackaged foods to bring together a flavorful and easy meal that is high in protein, lots of vegetables and is baked into a warm and creamy casserole that your family will love.
Watch to see how easy it is to make this turkey casserole with rice recipe is in the step by step video, or keep reading for instructions.This turkey rice casserole is really versatile, you can use turkey or chicken, or you could use canned tuna as well.
I love the premade rice blend packets from Uncle Bens- Seeds of Change, but you could use any kind of rice you wanted (just make sure it's cooked first). If you don't have frozen mixed vegetables on hand, you could use any canned vegetable or fresh veggies too (you might have to cook it a little while longer for fresh).
All in all, this turkey casserole provides your family with a serving of whole grains, healthy protein, lots of veggies all in a delicious recipe they will be happy to eat.
How To Make Turkey Casserole using leftover turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together chicken, veggies, rice, soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper
- Pour into 9 x 9 casserole baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered
Start by chopping leftover turkey or chicken into bite-sized pieces, then add them to a medium-sized bowl.
To this, add the prepacked or pre-cooked rice.
Next, add 1 can of your favorite cream soup, 2 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 cup chicken broth or veggie broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
Add the blended turkey casserole mixture to a 9x9 inch baking pan.
Kitchen Tip: No need to grease the pan first!
Sprinkle the shredded cheese to the top, then bake for 30 minutes.
Pro Tip: Sharp cheddar cheese provides more flavor so you are able to use less, saving calories and fat. Substitute sharp cheddar for regular cheddar in your favorite recipes, and cut back on the amount you use without giving up flavor!
Other delicious ways to use leftover turkey include subbing turkey out for chicken in my favorite Pot Pie Recipe, which is a great way to use leftover pie crust too.
If you have turkey and mashed potatoes leftover, you really need to give my Crustless Chicken Pot Pie a try, just swap the chicken out for turkey!
You may also enjoy:
- Meatless Baked Spaghetti
- Healthy Cheesy Potatoes
- Fruit Tarts
- Parmesan Rhodes Rolls Recipe
- Seven Layer Bean Dip
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
- 2 cups precooked turkey or chicken shredded or diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies could use chopped fresh as well
- 2 cups whole grain rice such as Seeds of Change Brown & Red Rice with Chia & Kale ready to use packet
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup such as Campbell's Low Sodium Ready To Serve Condensed Soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together chicken, veggies, rice, soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into 9 x 9 casserole baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered.