Turkey Rice Casserole is a delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken, a healthy family dinner idea any day of the week. Using frozen veggies, canned soup, and prepackaged rice, this meal comes together quickly.
Turkey casserole with rice is a simple and delicious way to use leftover turkey or last night’s leftover chicken.
This recipe utilizes healthy prepackaged foods to bring together a flavorful and easy meal that is high in protein, lots of vegetables and is baked into a warm and creamy casserole that your family will love.
This turkey rice casserole is really versatile, you can use turkey or chicken, or you could use canned tuna as well.
I love the premade rice blend packets from Uncle Bens- Seeds of Change, but you could use any kind of rice you wanted (just make sure it’s cooked first). If you don’t have frozen mixed vegetables on hand, you could use any canned vegetable or fresh veggies too (you might have to cook it a little while longer for fresh).
All in all, this turkey casserole provides your family with a serving of whole grains, healthy protein, lots of veggies all in a delicious recipe they will be happy to eat.
How To Make Turkey Casserole using leftover turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together chicken, veggies, rice, soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper
- Pour into 9 x 9 casserole baking dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered
Start by chopping leftover turkey or chicken into bite-sized pieces, then add them to a medium-sized bowl.
To this, add the prepacked or pre-cooked rice.
Next, add 1 can of your favorite cream soup, 2 cups of mixed vegetables, 1 cup chicken broth or veggie broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
Add the blended turkey casserole mixture to a 9×9 inch baking pan.
Kitchen Tip: No need to grease the pan first!
Sprinkle the shredded cheese to the top, then bake for 30 minutes.
Pro Tip: Sharp cheddar cheese provides more flavor so you are able to use less, saving calories and fat. Substitute sharp cheddar for regular cheddar in your favorite recipes, and cut back on the amount you use without giving up flavor!
Other delicious ways to use leftover turkey include subbing turkey out for chicken in my favorite Pot Pie Recipe, which is a great way to use leftover pie crust too.
If you have turkey and mashed potatoes leftover, you really need to give my Crustless Chicken Pot Pie a try, just swap the chicken out for turkey!
You may also enjoy:
- Meatless Baked Spaghetti
- Healthy Cheesy Potatoes
- Fruit Tarts
- Parmesan Rhodes Rolls Recipe
- Seven Layer Bean Dip
CCK Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Turkey Rice Casserole
- 2 cups precooked turkey or chicken, shredded or diced ✅
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies ✅
- 2 cups cooked whole grain rice ✅ We like Ready to Serve Minute Brown Rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup ✅ We like Pacific Foods for gluten-free
- 1 cup chicken broth ✅
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese ✅
- Preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together chicken, veggies, rice, soup, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Pour into 9 x 9 casserole baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.2 cups precooked turkey or chicken, shredded or diced, 2 cups frozen mixed veggies, 2 cups cooked whole grain rice, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup chicken broth, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⭐️Bake. Bake 30 minutes, uncovered.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!