Our canned chicken pasta recipe is sure to become a family favorite. A 30-minute meal packed with chicken, gluten-free pasta, and lots of cheese. A kid-favorite.
If you’re like me, you desire healthy, quick dinner recipes. I like using canned foods to save time and I like knowing I’m doing good by my family too.
How To Make
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot, cook pasta for the chicken and pasta recipe per box instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the water the pasta is cooked in and set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet, saute onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in canned chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing packet.
- Stir in canned chicken and cheese.
- Using tongs, blend sauce with cooked pasta.
- Place spaghetti mixture into a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Use condensed cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup rather than Greek yogurt
- Blend in cream cheese for extra creaminess
- Blend in a can of Rotel diced tomatoes making a chicken spaghetti recipe with Rotel
- Add a can of drained mixed vegetables
- Add a touch of spice with a can of diced green chilies
- Add crunch on top by sprinkling crushed crackers or french fried onions
Get started by sautéing the onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat in a medium-sized skillet until onions are translucent.
Kitchen Tip: Chop a large onion rather than a small onion. Chop 2 peppers rather than one. Place the extras in separate ziplock bags and freeze for use in later recipes, saving time!
After the veggies are softened and browned, turn the heat to low.
Kitchen Tip: Reducing the temperature helps prevent the yogurt from curdling. Using full-fat yogurt also helps along with adding the creamy texture to the dish.
Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Next, stir in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing packet.
Next, stir in the drained canned chicken then the cheese.
Using tongs, coat the cooked pasta with the sauce until well blended.
Kitchen Tip: Keep canned chicken in your pantry for grab and go meals.
Place the spaghetti bake mixture into a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Top with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Skewers
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Crockpot Mexican Quinoa Chicken Casserole
- Baked Chicken Thighs
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Canned Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounce gluten-free spaghetti, cooked per box instructions
- 2 12.5 ounce canned white chunk chicken ✅
- 2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth ✅
- 8 ounce shredded sharp cheddar, divided ✅
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Ranch Dry dressing
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- ⭐️Saute onions and peppers. In a medium-sized skillet, saute onion and green peppers over medium-high heat until onions are translucent. Turn heat to low. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- ⭐️Blend in the rest of the ingredients. Stir in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, dry ranch dressing packet, canned chicken and cheese.
- ⭐️Add the pasta. Using tongs, blend sauce with cooked pasta. Place spaghetti mixture into a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake. Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.