Campfire garlic bread utilizes leftover rolls or bread and is prepared right over the fire. An easy camping side dish tastes like a gourmet camping recipe but is simple to make! Gluten-free.
This camping menu idea is really easy and makes a great side dish that the whole family will love.
I made this as a side for my One Pot Spaghetti on our last camping trip in Wyoming. My daughter enjoyed “roasting” it over the fire, and everyone loved the crisp, garlicky bread!
Works great using whatever leftover bread you have on hand – any thing from bread crust pieces to leftovers hamburger buns, or a fresh loaf of French bread.
- Any kind of roll, bun, or baguette
- Homemade Garlic Butter (see below)
How To Make
Spread garlic butter onto rolls
Spread butter or the homemade garlic butter below onto the bread of choice.
Wrap bread in heavy-duty duty foil
Use heavy-duty foil to wrap the buttered bread or rolls.
Place on fire grate, next to coals, or on a grill
Place the tinfoil wrapped rolls onto the fire grate (no flames) or onto the bottom of the fire pit next to the coals.
Heat for 2-3 minutes or until the butter is melted and the rolls are warm and crusty
Set your timer for 2-3 minutes. Your camping garlic bread is ready once the butter is melted and the bread is warmed and crusty.
Try making the simple garlic butter below to make this recipe top notch!
Homemade Garlic Bread Spread
- Soften 1 stick of butter
- Add 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Add a pinch of salt
- Stir and store in the fridge
- Use on garlic bread, roasted potatoes, or your favorite pasta
Related: Camping menu Ideas
We use this butter camping on garlic bread, roasted potatoes, or added to some cooked pasta for a kid favorite noodle dish.
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Campfire Garlic Bread
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 4 gluten-free rolls, buns, or bread
- Make the butter. Combine the butter, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.1 stick butter, room temperature, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, pinch of salt
- Prep the rolls. Spread garlic butter onto rolls. Wrap roll heavy-duty duty foil4 gluten-free rolls, buns, or bread
- ⭐️Cook. Place on a fire grate, next to coals, or on a grill. Heat for 2-3 minutes or until the butter is melted and the rolls are warm and crusty
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
A great way to use up ends of bread too.