These kid-friendly Bran Muffins are a delicious way to boost fiber and pack nutrients into after school snacks. Freeze muffins for a quick grab and go snack.
This Bran Muffin recipe has been evolving for years.
I loved a recipe similar to this bran muffin recipe when I was a child. My mom would make the batter and keep it in the refrigerator. We had this cool little muffin pan that was for baking in the microwave. After school, we would come home and make a fresh muffin in the microwave. I still remember how good that was.
Guess what I learned while researching microwave pans? The cool little silicone muffin liners I bought on Amazon can be used in the microwave. I am so excited to try this out!
On a side note, these muffin liners are so fun! Serious Eats has 12 more ways you can use these fun silicone cups in her post 12 Things You Can Do With Silicone Muffin Cups (Besides Bake Muffins).
You might want to double the recipe to have muffins to freeze. Put the muffins in individual ziplock bags before freezing. This turns them into a grab and go snack, ready for eating by snack time.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Tired of the same old #snacks? Try these kids approved #branmuffins ” quote=”Tired of the same old #snacks? Try these kids approved #branmuffins “]Print
A delicious and nutritious snack for any time of the day. These muffins freeze well for grab and go snacks too.
- 2 1/2 cups All Bran Original cereal
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with nonstick baking spray or muffin liners.
- Boil water, remove from heat. Add All Bran Original cereal to boiling water and let sit.
- Blend flours, flax seeds, baking soda, and salt in medium sized bowl.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, and applesauce. Stir in buttermilk.
- Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Stir in All Bran cereal mixture.
- Divide batter between muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Delicious Recipes Sent Weekly
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
CONSUMER NOTICE: I may receive a small compensation from the goods and services mentioned on this website when you purchase from a provider. Thank you for supporting Create Kids Club.
FREE Kids Cooking eBook!
Do you want your children eating a more varied diet, but wonder how to get more fruit and veggies into their meals & snacks? This eBook is a fun filled way to get kids eating better while having age appropriate fun!