Instant pot ground beef stroganoff is a quick and easy dinner kids love. This instant pot beef and noodle dish features a creamy sauce that is flavor-packed. Gluten-free.
Get ready for a mouthwatering stroganoff recipe – between the creamy sauce and flavorful ingredients, this recipe is going to make its way to the top of your menu rotation.
Beef and Noodles is a classic and traditional recipe that I have made over the years. However, making the recipe in the Instant Pot has forever changed the way I cook beef stroganoff. In under 30 minutes, you can have this recipe prepped, cooked & served.
How to Make
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode. Sauté butter and onions until translucent.
- Add spices, garlic, and ground beef. Cook until browned.
- Stir in flour.
- On top of the meat, layer mixed veggies, mushrooms, and pour in beef broth.
- Place the lid onto the instant pot, making sure the valve is set to seal.
- Set the cooking time on the pressure cooker for 8 minutes and cook on high pressure.
- Quick release for more firm noodles, or do a natural release for softer egg noodles.
- Gently stir in Worcestershire sauce, cooked pasta, and Greek yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
**Video Notes: This recipe has been modified to be gluten-free. The instructions were modified to cook the gluten-free pasta on the stove-top rather than in the instant pot then added to preserve the integrity of the gluten-free pasta.
Related: How To Use An Instant Pot: A Beginners Guide
Start by turning on the sauté mode on your Instant Pot. Then add butter and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Next, add the spices and mix with the onions and butter. After many recipe attempts, I have found that ground mustard, minced garlic, salt, and ground black pepper is the perfect flavor combination.
KITCHEN TIP: If you love the garlic flavor but dislike mincing garlic, buy jarred minced garlic or substitute with garlic powder.
Next, add in the ground beef and stir until browned. I buy lean ground beef to keep this recipe budget-friendly. However, the following could be swapped for the ground beef:
- Chuck roast
- Beef tenderloin
- Top Sirloin
Once the meat is browned, add the flour and stir.
PRO TIP: The flour will combine with the beef stock to thicken the sauce and make the dish more creamy.
Make this recipe gluten-free by using cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the stew. You will want to make a “cornstarch slurry“, which is cornstarch mixed with cold water or broth before adding to the hot liquid so the cornstarch doesn’t clump.
Time to layer the remaining ingredients on top of the meat mixture!
Related: Instant Pot Beef Bone Broth
Add the Instant Pot lid & secure. Make sure the valve is set to SEALED and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
After the time is up, gently stir in the cooked pasta.
Gently stir in Worcestershire sauce, Greek yogurt, and cooked pasta. Typically, sour cream will be used but I have found that Greek yogurt makes the dish more flavorful. Using a full-fat Greek yogurt will make the dish extra creamy – highly recommend!
How To Make in the Crockpot
- Sauté butter and onions on the stove until translucent.
- Add spices, garlic, and ground beef and cook until browned.
- Stir in flour and then add the mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the uncooked egg noodles, mixed veggies, and mushrooms on top of the meat.
- Pour in beef broth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and Greek yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
Have you tried my Instant Pot Chicken Stew, Instant Pot Colcannon or Pulled Pork Roast Instant Pot Recipe? If not, add to your menu rotation soon – the pressure’s on 🙂
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
Instant Pot Beef Stoganoff
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef ✅
- 32 ounces beef broth ✅
- 12 ounces gluten-free egg noodles, cooked per box instructions
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ✅
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard ✅
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ⭐️Saute the onions and ground the beef. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Saute butter and onions until translucent. Add spices, garlic, and ground beef. Cook until browned. Stir in flour.
- ⭐️Add the vegetables. Add the mixed veggies, mushrooms, and beef broth. Place the lid onto the instant pot, making sure the valve is set to sealed.
- ⭐️Cook. Cook high pressure for 8 minutes.
- ⭐️Add the pasta and yogurt. Gently stir in the Worcestershire sauce, Greek yogurt and cooked pasta.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below!
Then follow us on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. We love seeing what you come up with!
Could I use regular pasta noodles instead? Looks amazing.
Create Kids Club says
For sure, Kasey! I’d suggest something like a rotini or elbow noodle.
My whole family loved this! And it’s quick and easy!