Learn how to cut watermelon sticks – a fast & easy way to cut a watermelon!
What fruit do you typically grab before heading to a summer party or chopping up a summer snack? Watermelon is definitely the go-to fruit in my house!
The juiciness and refreshing flavor of watermelon make it the ultimate summer treat.
Finding the best way to cut a watermelon use to be a struggle but I quickly realized that cutting a watermelon into sticks is the way to go. Once you cut your next watermelon into sticks, there is no going back – trust me!
Watermelon sticks are perfect for small hands to eat, great for storing & quick to cut.
Watermelon is a great way to get children to eat more fruit. While we prefer watermelon sticks, you can learn how to cube a watermelon too.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON STICKS?
Watermelon is full of health benefits. The bright color of watermelon comes from lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, and pigment. Tomatoes and grapefruit are also great sources of lycopene.
This juicy fruit is filled with:
- Vitamin B6 – which helps the immune system produce antibodies, helping to fight illness.
- Vitamin C – which helps boost the immune system’s defense against infections and viruses
HOW TO CUT WATERMELON INTO STICKS
Start by rinsing the watermelon really well under running water. Cut the watermelon in half. Next, lay the flat side on a cutting board, start to slice, working from one side to the other.
Related: How to Cube a Watermelon
Turn the melon halfway and start cutting the opposite direction, making cube-sized shapes.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH WATERMELON Sticks?
Once you cut your watermelon into sticks, you have endless possibilities on dipping options. Check out these delicious options to find your favorite:
Try a new dip each time!
Looking for more snack ideas this summer? Check out these healthy snacks:
- Mug Pizza
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Seven Layer Bean Dip
- Energy Balls
- Healthy Fudge Recipe
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
- Yogurt Parfaits
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
- 1 watermelon
- Wash the watermelon by running it under water.
- On a large cutting board, carefully cut the watermelon in half
- Turn one side of the watermelon flat side down on the cutting board
- Start to slice, working from one side to the other
- Turn the melon halfway and start cutting the opposite direction, making cube-sized shapes.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!