Watermelon sticks, a fast & easy way to cut a watermelon that is kid-friendly. Dip the watermelon sticks into a delicious fruit dip to make a refreshing and nutritious summer treat.
What fruit do you typically grab before heading to a summer party or chopping up a summer snack? Watermelon is definitely the go-to fruit in my house!
The juiciness and refreshing flavor of watermelon makes it the ultimate summer treat.
Finding the best way to cut a watermelon use to be a struggle but I quickly realized that chopping a watermelon into sticks is the way to go. Once you cut your next watermelon into sticks, there is no going back – trust me!
Watermelon sticks are perfect for small hands to eat, great for storing & quick to cut.
Don’t pass by the bin at the grocery store without grabbing this kid-friendly food. It is the perfect option for any summer event.
Watermelon is a great way to get children eating more fruit.
Check out this video to see how-to cut watermelon fast!
HOW TO CUT WATERMELON INTO STICKS
- Wash the watermelon by running it under water.
- On a large cutting board, carefully cut the watermelon in half
- Turn one side of the watermelon flat side down on the cutting board
- Start to slice, working from one side to the other
- Turn the melon half way and start cutting the opposite direction, making cube sized shapes.
Once you chop your watermelon in half and lay the flat side on a cutting board, start to slice, working from one side to the other.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON STICKS?
Watermelon is full of health benefits. The bright color of watermelon comes from lycopene, a powerful antioxidant and pigment. Tomatoes and grapefruit are also great sources of lycopene.
This juicy fruit is filled with:
- Vitamin B6 – which helps the immune system produce antibodies, helping to fight illness.
- Vitamin C – which helps boost the immune system’s defense against infections and viruses
Then, turn the melon half way and start cutting the opposite direction, making cube sized shapes.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH WATERMELON DIPPERS?
Once you chop your watermelon into sticks, you have endless possibilities on dipping options. Check out these delicious options to find your favorite:
Try a new dipping option each time you chop your watermelon sticks. You won’t find your favorite if you don’t try them all 🙂
Once the entire watermelon has been cut, grab a watermelon stick & enjoy! Whether your family calls them watermelon sticks, dippers or fries, I hope they enjoy their summertime snack.
Looking for more snack ideas this summer? Check out these healthy snacks:
- Mug Pizza
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Seven Layer Bean Dip
- Energy Balls
- Healthy Fudge Recipe
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
If you enjoyed the recipe make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!Print
A kid-friendly fruit dip recipe with just 3 ingredients!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with your favorite fruit!
Serve with your favorite fruit such as watermelon, strawberries, or apples.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!