A Turtle Candy recipe that is simple to make and very versatile. With a few simple steps, you can make caramel turtles, pecan turtles, or even Rolo pretzels.
- Round shaped pretzels
- Individually wrapped caramels
- Nuts such as cashews, walnuts, almonds, or pistachios
- optional: crushed pistachios & coarsely ground sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line a large baking sheet.
- Line pretzels into rows across the baking sheet, the amount depends on the size pan you use.
- Place 1 caramel inside the pretzel round.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the caramels are soft enough to push a nut into it. Don’t overbake or the caramels will get very hard after they reharden.
- As soon as the caramels are melted enough, carefully place one nut (such as a walnut, almond, or pistachio) into the center of the caramel.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and coarsely ground sea salt.
- Let cool and they are ready to serve or store in an airtight container.