Tater Tot Casserole is a classic casserole that comes together quickly. Sure to please the whole family, this lightened up version of the traditional casserole cuts calories not flavor.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 32 oz. bag tater tots
- green onions – optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, sauteeing until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned. Drain beef, then return to skillet.
- To beef, add greek yogurt, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour beef mixture into a casserole pan.
- Layer drained green beans on top of beef mixture.
- Top green beans with tater tots, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown.
- Top with chopped green onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro if desired.
This is a gluten-free recipe.