Sweet Potato Crunch is a traditional midwest recipe. This Sweet potato casserole with canned yams and a pecan crunch topping is simple to make and is absolutely delicious!
- 40 oz. can cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine drained sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, and salt, mashing potatoes and stirring well.
- Pour into an oven-safe 9×9 inch dish or pan, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, pecans, and sugar until well blended.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Let sit 10 minutes. Serve hot.