Made with fresh sweet corn straight off the cob, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and chickpeas, this Sweet Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus is the perfect snack or appetizer to bring to your next party or BBQ!
Sweet Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus requires just 5 ingredients
I am kind of a hummus addict. Last summer I made it nearly every week. It is a simple appetizer to have on hand for guests, is full of protein, and since I don’t make mine with oil, it is low in fat as well. And no tahini is required.
Hummus made with no oil?
You can save a lot of fat and calories easily. Simply reserve the juice from the chickpeas and use this liquid (called aquafaba) to blend. You can always drizzle a bit of olive oil on top to finish the dish.
How Do You Make Hummus?
Easily. Hummus is made with chickpeas or garbanzo beans. Did you know these are the same bean? One name was used by the English, and one by the Spanish. The same legume now referred to by either name.
Hummus is a dip that comes from the Middle East, it is traditionally made with chickpeas, sesame paste, and olive oil in the most traditional recipes. You can find hummus in every store these days, it has become quite popular. But you can save money and get creative by blending your own flavors easily right at home.
To make this Sweet Corn & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus recipe, get out your blender, add all the ingredients, and puree. Adjust seasoning to taste with additional salt or pepper. Drizzle with olive oil to finish the dish if desired.
If you prefer super creamy hummus, remove the skins from the chickpeas. This is a time consuming, tedious job, so I skip it.
How Do You Serve Hummus?
I love serving hummus with fresh veggies, it is my go-to dish to bring to any BBQ or party. I find it a good idea to bring the healthy dish along to parties, then there is always a good choice to snack on before moving to the less healthy options.
If dipping veggies is not your thing, try whole grain crackers, sliced pita bread, or spread the hummus on your favorite sandwich.
Need more appetizer ideas? Click Here.Print
A simple hummus recipe that features sweet corn and sun-dried tomatoes, pureed into a delicious appetizer dip perfect for BBQ’s or as a sandwich spread.
- 15.5 oz. can Chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved (known as aquafaba)
- 1 large cob fresh sweet corn (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (If in olive oil, drain and rinse)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Steam sweet corn with the husk on, in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Once cooled, discard husk and remove kernels with a knife. Place corn kernels in a blender.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving liquid (aquafaba). Place chickpeas in a blender.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, 3 tablespoons aquafaba, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add additional aquafaba if hummus is too thick, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with chopped vegetables of choice, whole grain crackers, or pita bread