A make ahead sandwich that is simple to assemble, tastes amazing, and is better when squished! The perfect picnic or camping recipe that you make a day before. This Muffuletta style summer sandwich is kid friendly, and was in fact, made by a kid!
- 1 bag crusty dinner rolls, still connected (If you can’t find these, use any crusty style bread)
- 1/2 cup Muffuletta Salad
- 1 cup spinach, divided
- 6 slices Ultra Thin® Provolone (such as Sargento® Slices)
- 1/2 lb. turkey sandwich meat
- 6 slices Sharp Cheddar (such as Sargento® Slices)
- 1/2 lb. ham sandwich meat
- 6 slices Havarti (such as Sargento® Slices)
- 12 slices salami sandwich meat
- Slice dinner rolls in half, horizontally. Set top aside.
- Spread Muffuletta salad onto the bottom of rolls.
- Place 1/2 of the spinach onto rolls.
- Layer Ultra Thin® Provolone on top.
- Add turkey sandwich meat.
- Top with Sharp Cheddar.
- Add ham sandwich meat.
- Top with Havarti cheese.
- Add salami sandwich meat.
- Add remaining spinach.
- Place top of buns on sandwich.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate placing a cast iron pan with jars on top, or something heavy.
- Let sit at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!
Warm sandwich for a delicious spin on this summer sandwich!
For Camping: After cutting sandwich, wrap individually in tin foil. Place over campfire to warm the sandwich!