A light and fluffy make ahead homemade whipped cream recipe that lasts up to several days in your fridge. The stabilized whipped cream is perfect for pies, cakes, hot chocolate and more!
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. full fat cream cheese
- Place mixing bowl and beaters (use the whisk attachment if available) into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill. Keep the cream in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature
- Once the bowl and beaters are chilled, add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl and mix on low, gradually increasing the speed as it starts to thicken a little.
- Add powdered sugar and continue to blend on medium-high speed.
- Once the cream is thick enough to turn on high without splashing out of the bowl, add cream cheese.
- Continue blending until you reach your desired thickness: soft peaks, medium peaks, or stiff peaks.