Roasted spaghetti squash can be used as a pasta replacement or as a delicious vegetable side dish.
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash squash, slice stem off squash with sharp knife, carefully slice in half, and scrape the seeds from middle of squash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash cut side down in large baking pan.
- Pour water into pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until easily pierced with fork.
- Scrape insides from squash with fork. Enjoy!
Optional toppings: Marinara sauce, butter, grated parmesan or feta cheese
To Cook In The Crockpot:
- Wash squash and poke holes with fork, place squash in the crockpot.
- Pour in water.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 1-2 hours.
- Carefully remove and slice in half. Scoop seeds from squash and remove flesh with a fork.