An easy slow cooker chicken thighs recipe that combines chicken thighs, coconut milk, and tomatoes into a delicious and nutritious dinner meal.
Years ago, when my husband and I were just married, I tried my hand at slow cooker meals. We both worked full time and had no children, yet it was still nice to come home to a meal ready to eat.
Unfortunately, he did not care for those meals - for good reason. I don't remember exactly what I used to make, but I do remember it being some form of dried out meat. Eventually, I put the crock pot away.
Then we had children, life got busier, and I figured it was time to give the ol' crock pot another chance. I have since learned that the right recipe makes all the difference.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!
This slow cooker chicken thighs recipe is very far from the quality of meals that used to come out my crock pot.
This recipe will not disappoint, the coconut cream sauce is fantastic.
[clickToTweet tweet="Crock Pot Chicken Thighs With Tomatoes #chickenrecipe #glutenfree " quote="The Perfect Dinner Recipe For Busy Weeknights. Share with family and friends! "]
I admit I was not sure if my kids would eat the sun-dried tomatoes since they usually have such a strong flavor.
It turned out to be a non-issue. They ate the entire meal with no complaints.
I've been on a chicken thigh kick lately - for a couple of reasons.
#1. My whole family will eat them no matter the preparation
#2. They are inexpensive to purchase
#3. They freeze well and work great in the crockpot
Chicken thighs get a bad rap when they don't need to - Click to read more about why chicken thighs aren't a bad choice.
Add this slow cooker Chicken Thighs recipe to your dinner menu this week.
You may also like these Crock Pot Recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
- Crockpot Red Potatoes
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Drumsticks
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp chicken stock base such as Better than Bouillion
- 8.5 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes julienne cut (if oil-packed, drain and rinse)
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp flour or potato starch gluten free
- Place chicken thighs in crockpot
- Add coconut milk, chicken stock base, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper to the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours
- Remove chicken thighs, leaving behind the sauce
- Whisk flour (or potato starch), 1 TBSP at a time, into the sauce in the crockpot to thicken, making a gravy