A Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe using lots of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. A delicious variation of traditional Chicken Caccatorie your family will love that is easy to prepare.
- 8–12 chicken thighs (I used bone-in, but you could use boneless as well)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup diced peppers
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Combine diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add sliced onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Place chicken thighs on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours
- Preheat Broiler
- Remove chicken thighs, placing on baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken skins start bubbling and browning.
- Whisk instant potato flakes into tomato and veggie mixture in the slow cooker, stir until thickened.
- Serve chicken thighs topped with tomato sauce.