Pork sausage wonton bites are made with seasoned pork, packed with veggies, and taste amazing. A 20-minute meal that kids love!
Thanks to Produce for Kids for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
As a family, we really enjoy making homemade egg rolls together. This wonton version is a healthy twist on regular egg rolls. No frying needed!
While this recipe is perfect for a simple kid-friendly dinner, it’s also a great option for lunch.
It’s a great option for a meal you can make on Sunday to pack up and send to school or have ready for kids to grab during the weekdays at home.
Related: Easy Lunch Recipes
How To Make Wonton Cups
This recipe uses wonton wrappers rather than egg roll wrappers. Wonton wrappers are smaller and fit perfectly into a muffin tin.
To get the wontons shaped into a cup, start by spraying a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
Gently press the wonton wrapper into the prepared muffin tin, flattening the bottom. Give them a quick spritz with the cooking spray once in the muffin tin. This helps get them nice and crispy.
Bake wonton cups at 350° for 6-7 minutes. They will be nice and browned when they are done.
You can wait and bake a few at time to serve the wonton cups hot, or bake a bunch and store them in an airtight container until they are ready to be used.
How to Make Pork Egg Rolls
To make the pork egg roll filling, start by browning the seasoned pork sausage, drain, stir in garlic powder and ginger, then remove the meat and set aside.
In the same pan, add the sesame oil and vegetable slaw. Heat until the vegetables start to wilt and soften, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce then add the pork to the vegetables.
Add the egg roll mixture to the baked wonton cups and your meal is served!
If you’re serving this on a different day, all that’s needed is a quick reheating of the egg roll mixture. You can send it to school in a thermos to keep it warm. Kids can spoon the filling into the cups or crush the wonton cups into the filling, either way is super tasty!
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!
Pork Egg Roll Cups
- medium-sized skillet
- muffin tin
- measuring spoons
- .5 pound pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 10 ounce Vegetable slaw Such as Pero Family Farms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Prepare wonton cups. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange wonton wrappers gently in the muffin tin, making it into a bowl shape. Spray the wontons with a little more non-stick cooking spray (this helps them get crispy). Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In a medium-sized skillet, brown pork sausage. Drain. Stir in garlic powder and ginger. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the vegetable slaw. Add sesame oil to the same skillet then add the vegetable slaw. Cook until just wilted, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and add the browned pork.
- Fill wonton cups. Fill cooked wonton cups with pork egg roll filling and serve hot.
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!