Mug Pizza is delicious microwave meal for kids that’s made in 5 minutes and can be customized to your families liking. Pizza in a mug is an easy dinner idea for kids that’s fun to make!
Get ready for this pizza in a mug recipe! It is quick, easy & kid-friendly. I love microwave meals for kids because they can create their own dish with few ingredients in under 5 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
My mug pizza combines cheese, crust, sauce & your favorite pizza toppings – what more could you ask for?! Personalize each pizza by setting a variety of toppings on the table and letting each person in your family create their own.
Lately, my family has been running in every direction. Between work, school and activities, I need a quick and easy dinner recipe that will feed the entire family. This recipe has definitely made it to the top of my easy dinner ideas list.
Do you have a list of easy dinner ideas? Highly recommend to have a few ideas for those nights when spending an hour in the kitchen to make dinner isn’t realistic. Here are a few of my favorites:
EASY DINNER IDEAS FOR KIDS
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Crockpot Pasta
- Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Baked Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Shredded Tacos
Check out this step-by-step video to learn how to make a delicious pizza in a mug!
**This post has been updated to be gluten-free. The video does not reflect this change.
- gluten-free pizza dough or gluten-free English muffins or bagels
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese blend
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Toppings of choice
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA IN A MUG
- Select a microwave safe wide bottomed coffee mug, ramekin, or small bowl and flip upside down on the corner of the pizza crust. Trace around the outside of the mug with a knife.
- Place the pizza crust into the bottom of the mug. Repeat tracing steps for the rest of the mugs. Roll pizza dough out if needed.
- Place pizza sauce on top of the dough or muffin. Sprinkle with cheese and toppings.
- Microwave for 1 minute if using dough, and 30- 40 seconds if using the other options.
I take advantage of any opportunity to get my kids in the kitchen to make their own meals. It is a great way to encourage them to try new ingredients and get creative!
Do your kids like to cook? Encourage them to pick a recipe and head to the kitchen! Here are a few of my kids’ favorites:
KIDS COOKING Recipes
- Microwave Mug Pizza
- Tuna Sushi Rolls
- Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Chicken Tostada Recipe
- Easy Vanilla Mug Cake
To start, cut the pizza dough into circles to fit in the bottom of your mug or dish. I typically roll out my pizza dough on a flat surface, place the dish at the corner of the dough and trace around the dish with a knife. Then, I set the circle piece of dough in the bottom of the dish.
I use White Ramekins for this recipe because they are the perfect shape and size. Actually, I use them all the time for other recipes since they can go in the oven or microwave.
PRO TIP: Taller mugs do not work well for this recipe. If you are not using a shallow bowl like these ramekins, use a wide mug.
Once you add the crust to the bottom of the bowl, layer with sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Mini Pepperoni
- Bell peppers
Create a Homemade Pizza Seasoning to sprinkle on the top of your mug pizza recipe for a burst of flavor!
Microwave for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted and serve.
This is the perfect microwave mug meal for any occasion! Make this recipe the next time you need a meal for:
- Summer lunch
- After school snack
- Before a sports practice
- Dorm room meal
- Birthday party
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
- 1 package gluten-free pizza dough or gluten-free English muffins or bagels
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese blend ✅
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce ✅
- pepperoni, sausage, peppers, tomatoes, or toppings of choice ✅
- Prep the crust. Flatten the pizza crust. Select a microwave safe wide bottomed coffee mug, ramekin, or small bowl and flip upside down on the corner of the pizza crust. Trace around the outside of the mug with a knife.
- Make the pizza. Place the pizza crust or English muffin into the bottom of the mug. Place pizza sauce on top of raw dough. Sprinkle with cheese and toppings.
- Cook. Microwave for 1 minute.