Mini Corn Dogs wrapped with a cornmeal crust then baked in the oven for a simple and delicious homemade corn dog recipe your family will love.
- 4 bun length hot dogs
- 1/2 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add butter to the flour mix and use a pastry blender or clean hands to incorporate the butter into the mixture. It should look like sand when it’s blended.
- Add milk and mix well. Place the bowl into the refrigerator until you need it.
- Using a paper towel, pat the hot dogs dry, then slice into 4ths.
- Prepare a clean surface to roll the corn dog dough onto. Sprinkle surface with flour.
- Take the dough from the fridge. If it looks like it is sticky, work a little more flour into the mixture. Place dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out flat and thin, but thick enough to cover the hot dogs.
- Place one piece of a hot dog onto the edge of the dough and cut a strip out of the dough. This should cover 2-3 hot dog pieces.
- Roll the dough covered hot dog in your hands to form the mini corn dog. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the hot dogs are covered.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 peices