Mini Baked Potato Bites. Yum.
Are you looking for a healthier alternative to french fries or other bagged potato sides found in the freezer section?
If so, baked potato bites are just for you. For me, these little potato nuggets are way better than a french fry, any day!
White potatoes have gotten a bad rap in recent history.
We don’t need to avoid these little white spuds, just enjoy in moderation and be mindful of your toppings. Often, potatoes are slathered in butter and sour cream, or dropped into a vat of oil. But take away the extra fat and deep-frying, and a baked potato is an exceptionally healthful low-calorie, high fiber food.
The potato is often considered a comfort food. This root vegetable is also one of the cheapest staple foods worldwide.
There are many health benefits of a potato.
Potatoes are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary cheap clomid no prescription fiber. Potatoes are also a great source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. The dietary fiber in them increases the bulk of the stool, therefore, it helps prevent constipation, decrease absorption of dietary cholesterol, leading to lower plasma LDL cholesterol.
These tubers are one of the richest sources of B-complex vitamins such as pyridoxine (vitamin B6), thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid and folate. A potato, along with its skin, is also a good source of vitamin-C. Potatoes also contain many essential minerals like iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, copper and potassium.
With all these benefits, and a great price point, why not add some to your grocery list this week?
[bctt tweet=”Perfect #veggie side dish for #dinner tonight. Mini Baked Potato Bites”]
- 1 lb fingerling or small new potatoes
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with silicone liner, or spray pan with cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes.
- Dry potatoes with paper toweling to promote crispy skin when baking.
- Slice potatoes thinly from end to end, but not all the way through the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle 2 TBSP of oil and add salt to potatoes.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Spread onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Take potatoes from oven and drizzle with 2 TBSP. Toss until coated.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are roasted to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
- Once potatoes are baked, you could toss with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chili powder, or other spices of choice.
Get Your FREE Crockpot Cookbook Now!
Get 10 tried & true Kid Approved Crockpot Dinner Recipe favorites!