Chicken Tortilla Chip Casserole comes together quickly with crispy tortilla chips, rotisserie chicken, and jarred salsa. Mexican Chicken Tortilla Chip Casserole is layered then baked until crisp and golden brown.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp hot Mexican style chili powder (or cayenne pepper)
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 15 oz. can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (or another white bean)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz. tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 8 oz. bag shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 3-quart baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large cast iron sauté pan, or stock pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic.
- Add spices.
- Stir in flour then slowly whisk chicken broth into mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Stir in salsa, chicken, beans, and cilantro then remove from heat.
- In prepared pan, sprinkle about 1/3 of the crushed tortilla chips.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Garnish with avocados, green onions, jalapenos, tomatoes or cilantro if desired.
May sub Doritos or flavored tortilla chips for the regular tortilla chips.
- Calories: 557