Our margarita with limeade is a skinny margarita that’s fresh & flavorful but light on calories. No need for margarita mix once you try this amazingly simple skinny margarita! Gluten-free.
I love a good margarita – but not those super sweet sugary versions out of the bottle. I am talking about the ones where they put all the fresh ingredients into a shaker and pour it into a salt-rimmed glass with lots of ice. There is not much better on a nice hot day spent with friends.
The downside to margaritas is that they can be filled with calories – but not to worry, this version cuts the sugar. Learn how to make a delicious skinny margarita recipe that takes less than 5 minutes from start to sipping. Grab a glass, and let’s get started!
Learn how to make this recipe correctly every time along with a few simple changes of ingredients that make it a whole new experience!
Before making be sure to check that the liquor brand you are using is gluten-free. Reference our Gluten-Free alcohol list here.
How To Make
With just 4-5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes, you have a low-calorie, low-carb drink to enjoy after work, with dinner, or at a party!
- 1 oz. liquor of choice. Use a high-quality vodka or tequila. You won’t be masking the flavor with sugar, so quality counts.
- 4 oz. sparkling water There are lots of flavors and varieties. Pick your favorite.
- 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tbsp. frozen limeade concentrate
- Optional: Margarita salt
To make the margarita:
Optional: Wet the top of your glass with water, then dip into margarita salt.
Pro Tip: To easily salt the glass, fill a wide shallow bowl with water, dip the glass into the water, then give it a twist in the margarita salt.
- Fill your glass with ice
- Add 1 oz. vodka or tequila
- 1-2 tbsp. frozen (or thawed) limeade concentrate
- Squeeze the lime into the glass
- Slowly add sparkling water and gently stir
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!
Pro Tip: 1 oz. of liquor is 2 tbsp. Save dishes and reuse the tablespoon you already have out.
- This version is not sweet at all, it’s all about lime, tequila, and more lime. If you prefer to add a bit of sweetness, add a touch of simple syrup.
- Swap out the limeade for lemonade or orange juice for a different flavor
- Add fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries, for more of a flavor punch, mash them before adding
Interested in variations on skinny margaritas?! Check out these recipes.
- For a sweeter version try: Skinny Margarita with Agave and Lime
- For a spicy twist try: Skinny Jalapeno Margarita
- For a fruity flavored margarita try: Skinny Blueberry Margarita
Recipes to serve with margaritas
Margarita With Limeade
- margarita salt, optional ✅
- 1 ounce liquor of choice. Use a high-quality vodka or tequila. ✅
- 1-2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate ✅
- 1/2 large lime
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- Rim the glass with salt. Wet the top of your glass with water, then dip into margarita salt if using.margarita salt, optional
- Combine the ingredients. Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka or tequila and 1-2 tablespoons limeade. Squeeze the lime into the glass then slowly add sparkling water. Gently stir.1 ounce liquor of choice. Use a high-quality vodka or tequila., 1/2 large lime, 1-2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, 4 ounces sparkling water
- Serve. Garnish with a slice of lime.