Turkey Rice Casserole is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken, a family dinner idea any day of the week. It’s a simple turkey casserole with rice recipe that will have your family eating their veggies with no complaints!
The following healthy turkey rice casserole is the perfect way to use leftover turkey.
Watch to see how easy it is to make this turkey casserole with rice recipe is:
This dish is super easy, uses foods that are probably already in your house and bakes into the most creamy, delicious turkey rice casserole that will have the house smelling wonderful.
The added bonus? A nutritious whole grain rice is used which blends perfectly with the other ingredients – your kids will never notice!
In fact, my oldest commented that this was “really good rice!” Note: This is the same child who has looked at this whole grain rice blend in disgust many times over.
The rice I am referring to is one I love using – Uncle Bens Seeds of Change Brown & Red Rice With Chia & Kale.
I am not getting paid by them, I just love these packets because they are precooked, can be added quickly to dishes, used as a side dish, and provide good quality nutrition.
So use up that leftover turkey, and for goodness sakes (yes, I now sound like my mother), don’t give it ALL away!Print
The perfect dinner recipe for leftover turkey or chicken. This dish blends rice, turkey, and veggies in a delicious creamy baked casserole. It is so good your children won’t even notice they are eating whole grain rice and veggies!
- 2 cups precooked turkey or chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (could use chopped fresh as well)
- 2 cups whole grain rice (such as Seeds of Change Brown & Red Rice with Chia & Kale ready to use packet)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell’s Low Sodium Ready To Serve Condensed Soup)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In medium size bowl, mix together chicken, veggies, rice, soup, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Pour into 9 x 9 caserole baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered.
The recipe was updated to omit onions, cutting cooking time to 30 minutes.
If you enjoy the flavor of onions, add 1/2 cup onions, chopped, and increase cooking time to 1 hour to allow onions to cook through.
FREE Kids Cooking eBook!
Do you want your children eating a more varied diet, but wonder how to get more fruit and veggies into their meals & snacks? This eBook is a fun filled way to get kids eating better while having age appropriate fun!