Homemade Baileys with eggs (pasteurized and safe to consume) is simple to make at home and is much less expensive than the store varieties. Serve it in coffee, use it in desserts, or serve as a cocktail. Homemade Irish Cream makes great gifts and is perfect for your holiday parties.
Imagine a blazing fire, Christmas lights twinkling, lots of laughter, and a glass of homemade Bailey’s. This is what I picture when I think of the holidays.
I was given this recipe by a close friend. Every year she would bring this delicious cocktail to parties, it was a special treat I always looked forward to. The tale is that it has been passed down in her family for generations.
After years of requests, I finally got my hands on the recipe. I was thrilled – until I looked at the list of ingredients. It called for RAW eggs.
I have taken the ServSafe® course many times in my career which reinforces that eggs are NOT to be eaten raw.
I have held onto this recipe, never having the courage to actually make it. Then I learned about Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs which are pasteurized eggs.
Davidson’s Safest Choice® all-natural pasteurization uses a gentle warm water bath—without changing the nutrition or flavor of the egg.
The process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs. Most eggs sold in cartons are not pasteurized. Having these eggs pasteurized means it is okay to eat them raw. My problem was solved!
Irish Cream is not the most healthy drink, so I played with the recipe to make it easier on the waistline. I simply replaced the whipping cream called for with 2% milk. I sampled this version recently at a get-together – it got rave reviews. No one even realized it was a healthier version, and when they found out they asked for a second glass. 🙂
While I love this liqueur served as is, it also goes amazingly well with my favorite Crockpot Hot Chocolate recipe!
- 14 oz. Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk (or heavy whipping cream)
- 1 large Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs (pasteurized for safety eating raw)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Hershey’s® Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
How To Make
- Pour all ingredients into a blender. Blend 1 minute on high.
- Chill. Keeps for 1 month in the refrigerator.
- To serve, drizzle glass with chocolate, then pour in the homemade Irish Cream.
You can store your Irish Cream in the refrigerator for up to one month.
If you can’t find pasteurized eggs you can simply skip the eggs or use egg beaters
This holiday season, grab some pretty glasses and serve your guests this delicious – and safe – Homemade Baileys with egg recipe!
More holiday recipes
CKC Features both Gluten-Free Guidance and Kids Cooking Instructions: If you’re new to eating gluten-free we understand it’s overwhelming trying to figure out which foods may contain gluten and which ones don’t. All of our gluten-free recipes marked with this symbol ✅ represent foods that need to be checked for gluten or cross-contamination.
The ⭐️ symbol in the recipe below denotes the steps in which kid cooks may need a helper (depending on age). If there is no ⭐️ symbol, that step (or recipe) doesn’t require a helper.
- 14 ounces Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk ✅
- 1 1/2 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk, or heavy whipping cream
- 1 large Davidson's Safest Choice® Eggs pasteurized for safety eating raw
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Hershey’s® Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract ✅
- Blend the ingredients. Pour all ingredients into blender. Blend 1 minute on high.14 ounces Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1 1/2 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey, 1 1/2 cup 2% milk, or heavy whipping cream, 1 large Davidson's Safest Choice® Eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons Hershey’s® Chocolate Syrup, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Serve. Chill. Keeps for 1 month in the refrigerator.