Instant Pot Colcannon is an Irish potato and cabbage dish, that’s made in under 20 minutes. It’s the perfect Irish side dish come St. Patricks day, or enjoy these Irish mashed potatoes with dinner any day of the year.
- 4 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Butter, more for serving if desired
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set instant pot to saute.
- Melt butter and saute onions and cabbage until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release until the float valve falls.
- Add milk and mash.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with green onions, bacon bits, or melted butter if desired.