Instant pot chicken stew is a simple and delicious pressure cooker chicken recipe that is warm and filling. Make this easy and healthy comfort food for dinner today.
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2–3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Turn instant pot to saute mode.
- Saute butter and onions until translucent.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Brown chicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and broth.
- Cover, make sure the valve is turned to sealing. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick release and serve.
Add all ingredients (skip the olive oil) to the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2-4 hour or low 6-8 hours.