Instant pot chicken and rice soup is a hearty meal in a bowl. This nourishing soup is packed with flavor and comes together quickly.
- 2.5 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs (may substitute boneless)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice (I used Seeds of Change Brown & Red Rice blend)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Add chicken thighs to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cover and turn to sealing.
- Cook 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove chicken thighs, shred chicken, discarding bones and skin.
- Place shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.