Delicious recipes all using strawberries. Includes a simple and fun way to hull strawberries – perfect for even the littlest of hands.
Fun Facts about Strawberries:
- They are the first fruit to ripen in spring
- There are 200 seeds on an average strawberry
- California produces 75% of the strawberry crops in the US
- Strawberry plants are perennials, meaning they grow back year after year
- Only rinse berries when you are ready to eat them, it speeds up spoiling
Benefits of Strawberries
- Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C, folate & potassium. 1 cup contains 160% of the recommended Daily Value of vitamin C, which helps support a healthy immune system.
- 1 cup of strawberries provides 3.3 grams of fiber, which aids in digestive health.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, especially anthocyanins which give strawberries their bright color. Anthocyanins are compounds that can help prevent chronic disease.
- Calories in Strawberries: 1 cup = 50 calories
- Carbs in Strawberries: 1 cup = 12 grams
How To Hull A STRAWberry with a Straw
This simple trick is perfect for small hands. No need for you to cut all those strawberry tops off when your kiddos can easily use a straw and do it on their own.
Take a look at how easy this task is for even little hands. The video includes a delicious recipe for your kids to try:
This fun how to hull a strawberry tip also helps cut down on food waste since the whole top of the strawberry gets eaten, rather than tossed!
Take it a step further – make infused water from the strawberry leftovers.
Kids can take the strawberry waste from the straw, place it in a cup, fill it with water and put it in the fridge for about an hour. Remove strawberries. You are left with lightly flavored strawberry water! Yum!
Looking for more fun ways to use strawberries? I asked my dietitian colleagues to share their favorite recipes. Here are 40+ delicious recipes that all include strawberries!
Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Nice Cream By Smart Nutrition
- Mascarpone Mousse Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries From Tasty Balance Nutrition
- Strawberry Lemon Curd Trifle By Create Kids Club
- Healthy Strawberry Shortcake By Snacking In Sneakers
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Yogurt Pops From Nutrition By Lauren
- Creamy Peanut Butter Strawberry Chia Pudding By One Hungry Bunny
- Strawberries & Yogurt Bars By Nourishing Plate
- Strawberry Parfait By Create Kids Club
- Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups By Create Kids Club
- Super Strawberry Pudding By Liz’s Healthy Table
Breakfast Recipes For Strawberries
- Crepes with Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Filling By RDelicious Kitchen
- Ultimate PB&J By RDelicious Kitchen
- Strawberry Chia Jam By Kara Lydon
- Strawberry Oat Muffins with Strawberry Orange Compote By Christy Wilson Nutrition
- DIY Strawberry Yogurt By The Baby Steps Dietitian
- Strawberry Pink Drink By Create Kids Club
- Strawberry Vanilla Protein French Toast By Nutrition Starring You
- Quinoa Oatmeal With Berries By RDelicious Kitchen
- Berry Blast Overnight Oats By Hungry Hobby
- Strawberry-Topped Peanut Butter Pancakes By Liz’s Healthy Table
Recipes For Strawberry Smoothies
- Banana Split Smoothie By Kiss In The Kitchen
- Super Strawberry Smoothie From Goodness Gracious Living Nutrition
- Vegan Wild Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie By Amy Gorin Nutrition
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie Bowl By The Nutritionist Reviews
More Recipes With Strawberries
- Fresh Strawberry Salsa By Healthy Ideas Place
- Spicy Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas By Jessica Levinson
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade By EA Stewart
- Strawberry- Mango Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips By Holley Grainger
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jam By Snacking In Sneakers
- Strawberry Arugula Salad with Fennel By Jessica Levinson
- Grilled Strawberry and Asparagus Freekeh Salad By Robin Plotkin
Delicious Simple Family Recipes
Join Create Kids Club & get our 10 Favorite Crockpot Recipes ebook!