Hot chocolate bombs are a homemade Hot Chocolate mix recipe that’s super creamy, extra chocolaty, & made with simple ingredients.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. almond extract
- In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, add all of the ingredients then stir.
- Heat in 30-second increments until the chocolate is melted. Take care to not overcook.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone baking mat.
- With a small scoop or spoon, scoop the chocolate mixture on to the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes or until the balls are cool enough to roll in your hands.
- Roll each scoop of chocolate into a ball. Place into a Ziploc bag or storage container with a lid and freeze until you’re ready to use.
- To serve, place 1 hot chocolate bomb into a microwave safe mug with 1 cup of milk.
- Heat for 1 -2 minutes then stir and serve.
Swap almond extract for your favorite flavor to make customizable flavors!